Arguing with an Anti - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arguing with an Anti

I've had a few second amendment disagreements in my short tenure as a gun owner. Some aspects of a "well organized militia" have changed in appearance over the years. Though that statement was just the preamble for the main statement of the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. But in fairness, instead if having Indian battles on the frontier and defense from England, we now have drug thugs, gang bangers and radical islamists. Depending on where you live, that can make present circumstanes more scary than past circumstances! And the most important reason that the founding fathers wanted firearms in the hands of the people......as a defense against a tyrannical government. In Colonial New England, the British marched to Concord to keep the colonists from getting gunpowder. In Colonial Williamsburg, the British troops first took over the city's powder magazine. In 1933 Nazi Germany banned guns.....the rest is history. In the late 1960's, when the "Deacons For Defense" gained the right to bear arms, it wasn't so easy anymore for those KKK thugs to just go in and shoot people they didn't like.
    It wasn't so much the fear of Great Britain coming to get us back then, as much as it was a safeguard against the United States adopting the monachial and imperialistic aspects of an oppressive and tyrannical government.

3. Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I've had a few second amendment disagreements in my short tenure as a gun owner. Some aspects of a "well organized militia" have changed in appearance over the years. Though that statement was just the preamble for the main statement of the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. But in fairness, instead if having Indian battles on the frontier and defense from England, we now have drug thugs, gang bangers and radical islamists. Depending on where you live, that can make present circumstanes more scary than past circumstances! And the most important reason that the founding fathers wanted firearms in the hands of the people......as a defense against a tyrannical government. In Colonial New England, the British marched to Concord to keep the colonists from getting gunpowder. In Colonial Williamsburg, the British troops first took over the city's powder magazine. In 1933 Nazi Germany banned guns.....the rest is history. In the late 1960's, when the "Deacons For Defense" gained the right to bear arms, it wasn't so easy anymore for those KKK thugs to just go in and shoot people they didn't like.
    It wasn't so much the fear of Great Britain coming to get us back then, as much as it was a safeguard against the United States adopting the monachial and imperialistic aspects of an oppressive and tyrannical government.
    "well regulated militia"*
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Well stated and duly noted!

They outlawed alchohol once (Prohibition). That worked out real well.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP View Post
    The *WHOLE* of society was the militia.
    "regulated" being in order; orderly.

Every man was required to have a rifle, gunpowder, and bullets.

My apologies ... I digress ... for repeating what is commonly known.

J
    I was just correcting the well organized that was posted to what it actually says...

Regulated being: Well equipped, trained...
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Considering everything it sounds like you did a pretty good job. Usually you get about as far arguing with an anti as you would a rock.
    Very much agreed!! Because of my current job I’ve had to have discussions with several people who turned out to be antis. And I always seemed to get absolutely nowhere with them. (again I think HK4Us "rock" comparison is perfect!).

I’m beginning to think the mindset of an anti could be classified as a mental disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Considering everything it sounds like you did a pretty good job. Usually you get about as far arguing with an anti as you would a rock.
    Ah, ya cracked me up!!! Is that a pet rock you refer to?

If s/he is an anti -- then the person does not qualify to be considered a "pet"...just a rock.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I love when they bring up the "well regulated militia" argument, saying that we have a national guard. I just point out the fact that the national guard wasn't formed until 1903 under the **** Act. Then ask them who the militia was up untill that time? Usually you just get idiots with blank stares.

Sorry about the misquote. My next "quick reply" will be better organized AND well regulated!
    I love that 1903 **** Act comment !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast