Arguing with an Anti
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arguing with an Anti

Arguing with an Anti

A couple of friends and I were having a spirited debate with an anti last night at a New Years party (mild party, we all left around 10PM) and he said " I think it's ludicrous you guys feel the need to be armed. They ought to just completely out law guns." I said, "I think they ought to just completely outlaw drugs." To which he replied,"They already are outlawed." I said, "exactly." We all looked at each other and back at the anti, with a grin.....I said I guess that kinda ends your argument.

Good move! I assume you guys were enjoying what a borderline alcoholic friend of mine refers to as "cocktails" . . . You may have also pointed out that alcohol is also a 'drug', heavily regulated by the US of A Gummint, that's also abused by millions and the cause of many unnecessary deaths every year.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    A couple of friends and I were having a spirited debate with an anti last night at a New Years party (mild party, we all left around 10PM) and he said " I think it's ludicrous you guys feel the need to be armed. They ought to just completely out law guns." I said, "I think they ought to just completely outlaw drugs." To which he replied,"They already are outlawed." I said, "exactly." We all looked at each other and back at the anti, with a grin.....I said I guess that kinda ends your argument.
    Well stated!

LMAO That kinda goes along with something I read once about punching a pacifist in the face until he's no longer a pacifist.

6. Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    Awesome
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Another good response should have been...
    "Well! if someone is trying to kill you, will you rather have a cell phone or a gun?"

I know...it is an old phrase but that was what I told my hairdresser yesterday morning when the subject came up.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

The problem is that he is correct, it is ludicrous that we feel the need to be armed. If we COULD live in a society where we could feel completely secure without the need to be armed NONE of us would be armed!

So when the anti's can produce that environment, I will happily sign on, unfortuantely that is never going to happen so I will have live with it being ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Good move! I assume you guys were enjoying what a borderline alcoholic friend of mine refers to as "cocktails" . . . You may have also pointed out that alcohol is also a 'drug', heavily regulated by the US of A Gummint, that's also abused by millions and the cause of many unnecessary deaths every year.
    Snap! This is a favorite of mine, some mindless idiot swilling booze while breezily informing everybody that guns should be outlawed, like drugs. Dumbass.

Considering everything it sounds like you did a pretty good job. Usually you get about as far arguing with an anti as you would a rock.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I would ask them if they would feel moraly superior as they stood at the grave of a loved one knowing that you could have used a gun to save their live but didn't.
    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppose. - Frederick Douglass

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast