Your CCW and Ammo Preference w/regards to Self Defense - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Your CCW and Ammo Preference w/regards to Self Defense

What do I carry?

I carry a Taurus 650 .357 Mag revolver with Crimson Trace Laser Grips in a SmartCarry Holster. I carry 2 Safariland Speedloaders, along with extra Tuff QuickStrips. I use Hornady .357 Mag 125 gr. Critical Defense ammo. I guess I am just a “Wheel Gun” kind of guy. I am comfortable, confident, and competent with my revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by hogdoc357 View Post
    I carry a Taurus 650 .357 Mag revolver with Crimson Trace Laser Grips in a SmartCarry Holster. I carry 2 Safariland Speedloaders, along with extra Tuff QuickStrips. I use Hornady .357 Mag 125 gr. Critical Defense ammo. I guess I am just a “Wheel Gun” kind of guy. I am comfortable, confident, and competent with my revolver.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with a good wheel gun. I still love my old stand-by revolvers. They protected me on the streets for years against evil street erchins during my first years as a LEO.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with a good wheel gun. I still love my old stand-by revolvers. They protected me on the streets for years against evil street erchins during my first years as a LEO.
    Carried a semi-auto pistol or rifle for 30 years in line of duty. After retiring to civilian life, I thought it over carefully. Mossberg 500 12 gauge pump for home defense and J-Frame with Hornady Standard pressure ammo in pocket for going out. KISS prevails as does "right tool fo the right job."

Kimber Ultra CDP II with Hydra Shocks and use the Hydra Shock in all my 1911 45cal.

XDM, .40 Golden Sabre.

My Old lady Glock 27 with Golden Sabre.

When I was a Federal Police Officer carried Golden Sabre and tested these and found them to be very effective. But Just about every JHP will get the job done. I just prefer a lighter faster round so I know I am getting full expansion instead of just a slug passing through.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    US Army Retired
    Prior Federal Police Officer Instructor

JSDinTexas Guest
    G23 (.40) and Winchester Ranger SXT 180g JHP - both are reliable, rounds are fast and expand nicely under most conditions. I have been using Win PDX in .45 and am looking closely at Fed Hydra-Shok for both.

Just added a Glock 27 to my arsenal. This will probably replace my 24/7 permanently. Still using the winchester PDX1 as well.

I carry a Kimber Ultra C2 and a Sig p238. Both are great shooters and I can hit what I'm aiming at.
    What in tarnations goin on in America these days. Dagnabbit, "CHANGE" what "Change" I say Change it back! I'm clinging to bible and my guns. Try to take either and you're liable to get blasted.

My main carry year around is a S&W M60 snubby in .357. I have three .357 revolvers, same carry rounds for all three. Personal protection in public places where lots of people are around, loaded with Speer 135gr. GDHP .38spl. Any other time, any other place, it's always quality 158gr. JSP in .357, always.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Colt Government model Series 80 .45 ACP Black Talon JHP, or more commonly know now as Winchester SXZ sold only at Bass Pro Shops. I hate to fire more than I need too.

11. M&P 9c with speer gold dot 115. I recently switched to the god dot because of its light weight and low pressure which allows for limited penetration. Its a wonderfully expanding bullet, reaching 3/4 of an inch.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast