Your CCW and Ammo Preference w/regards to Self Defense - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Your CCW and Ammo Preference w/regards to Self Defense

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey1235 View Post
    Ruger SR9 with 9mm Hornady Critical Defense ammo.
    FYI Ruger has a recall on the SR9.

i carry

a glock 36 with 230 grain hollow point
    Last edited by mark5019; 02-20-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: fat fingers

4. glock19 with hornady147gr.jhp or xd45 with hornady230gr.+p jhp

Main CC pistol is a Glock 27 in .40 S&W. Cor-Bon 135gr. JHP.... My philosophy is that of a previous poster... shorter barrel = a lighter bullet.

A S&W 945 in 45ACP...loaded with 230gr Hydro-Shoks..

Quote Originally Posted by mark5019 View Post
    a glock 32 with 230 grain hollow point
    Umm... are you sure about that? I've never heard of a .357SIG round at 230 grains. If they exist, then I stand corrected. And I would like to know who make them and where I can get them.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

The recall on the Ruger SR9 was the older model. The newest model is in good shape and not being recalled for any reason. They made some nice improvements my SR9 is quickly becoming my favorite gun.
    Jeff
    NRA GOLDEN EAGLES / LIFE MEMBER
    "They can have my guns, one round at a time . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Umm... are you sure about that? I've never heard of a .357SIG round at 230 grains. If they exist, then I stand corrected. And I would like to know who make them and where I can get them.
    A 230 grain .357 sig bullet would be awfully huge. Not sure if it's something I'd like to be shooting.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    A 230 grain .357 sig bullet would be awfully huge. Not sure if it's something I'd like to be shooting.

gf
    Yeah, it would seem counter-intuitive as it would serve to slow the bullet down an awful lot. Non-the-less, if they did exist, I would at least like to see the stats on them. But upon checking his profile, it seems that he meant G36, not G32.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Springfield XD(m) 40, cross breed super tuck holster, and speer Gold Dot 180 gr JHP, however sometimes I carry JHP that I have loaded. The Speer has pretty good consistency, but I love my hand loads.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast