walther pps or Springfield Armory XD subcompact
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walther pps or Springfield Armory XD subcompact

walther pps or Springfield Armory XD subcompact

Ok i am looking at buying a new cc gun cant decide witch one to get
    walther pps or Springfield XD subcompact both come in 9mm and 40sw cal does not matter want to here from others who have and carry these guns.

I currently carry the springfield XD 40 (4" not sc) but I will tell you I absolutly love it and have not met a person yet that didnt love how it shot. My dad just bought the XD 9mm SC and I felt it shot the same as long as I was use the extended clip. the small clip made the gun sit on my pinky instead of allowing my pinking to wrap it. I carry it in a black hawk serpa OWB. I also carry a S&W 99 (40) IWB in a Kholster it just depends on how I feel that day. I dont have any experience with the PPS but do have the P22 and know walthers are wonderful guns it sounds like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place but would say try and find someone that will let you shoot them if your really not sure which one you want. Hope this helps and not make it harder
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

4. I have 2 rugers (.380 & .38+P), 1 Marlin .22 semi auto, 2 S&W 38s, one Sig 239 in .40 and the Springfield SC .40. When I pick one up to have fun, it will always be the Springfield. Just a great shooting, acurate, fells good in your hand weapon. Very dependable and eats anything you feed it. Not the easiest to conceal, but certianly not the hardest. You get used to it and it will be more than enough to stop a BG. Walthers are good too, but for me the Springfield is my favorite all around weapon. Almost to much fun to think of as a CCW, but it serves this purpose well. I know it will always go BANG!

As mentioned, find both of them and go to the range. To each his own. You will know when you pick it up if it is the one for you

thanks i will get my hands on both to see watch one fails good

Having no experience with the Walther I can only comment on the XD. I don't have an issue with concealed carry. I carry in a pancake holster with a spare mag on the weak side. I love the way it shoots and feel in the hand. As suggested, if you can find both to try first this will help in the decision. just to add a little fuel to the decision fire read this article.
    SPRINGFIELD ARMORY
    I think you'll be impressed.

I love mine. Shoots great, feels great, no issue on concealing in pancake with open shirt.
    read the following, it may help.
    SPRINGFIELD ARMORY

My best buddy has an XD45 and I love to shoot that gun, very accurate and has a nice trigger pull. I may just have to get one to keep my Glock company.

personnally ............

I'd recommend the Sig P232 or a Kahr in 9mm over the Walther PPK.

I have a Walther PPS 9 but do not have a Springfield XD subcompact, so I cannot really compare them. I really like the PPS. Having a single stack magazine keeps it about as thin as the Kahr PM9 or Kel Tec PF9. Thinness really helps by not adding bulk that can be uncomfortable while concealing.

I'm a lefty which is one reason I chose a PPS over a Kahr. The mag release on the PPS is ambidextrous.

By the way, the last post refers to a PPK which is not the same gun, of course.

Charles

I have the XD-40 and love it. I also carry the Kahr PM40 depending on wardrobe. I just picked up a Kimber Ultra Pro Carry. It is sweet. I think they all have a place in my carry wardrobe.

Speaking of the XD, I've bought and sold 2. I just keep coming back. I carry mine in a IWB, Comptac, MTAC Minotaur. I've also carried it in a OWB, Blackhawk Serpa.

When at the range, I haven't found anyone who doesn't like the XD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast