Shooting in a Movie Theater. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting in a Movie Theater.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I am surprised to see such MIS information here at USA Carry! This did not happen! I could not happen! As posted it is a GUN FREE ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    +1! Freakin hilarious.

3. UPDATE: It was an "Accident"

KOB.com - Tip aids 'Avatar' shooting arrest

Albuquerque police say they have their man in the bizarre “Avatar” shooting that took place at the Century Rio movie theater Saturday night.

Police got a tip on Monday that the suspect, Dante Aikins, was hiding out at the Red Roof Inn off Candelaria and I-25.

Sometime after 7 p.m. Monday, they watched as Aikins left the hotel with his girlfriend, who drove. They arrested Aikins not far from the hotel without incident.

More details about the Saturday night shooting have also come to light. Police are now calling it an accident saying Aikins had dropped his loaded gun on the theater floor, which discharged a round that hit a woman in the foot.

According to an arrest warrant, Aikins was upset about the blunder, telling his friends, "I can't believe it, I dropped my pistol."

Albuquerque Public Safety Chief Darren White: "It appears Aikins tried act as though it was a firecracker because he knew what he had done."

Right after the gunshot, the warrant says Aikins stood up in the theater and asked "Who is throwing fireworks?"

Police recovered a 22-caliber bullet from the shoe of the woman who was shot.

Aikins faces charges of negligent use of a deadly weapon and unlawfully carrying a deadly weapon.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

4. Concealed carry means concealed. No one should know your carrying unless you absolutely have to use you weapon, and if you have to use it your going to be glad you have it. Doubt you will worry about if you should have it there or not. Never seen them scan for weapons at movie theaters. If they start I suggest you don't take it to the movies. Otherwise they may ask you to leave.

We have a few of those 'Gun Free Zones' in Florida. They can not legally enforce them, however IF they caught you with a gun (Neat trick if it is concealed) they could ask you to leave and if you refused to then you could be issued a trespassing citation.
    I do my best to avoid them, not because I am doing anything wrong by carrying, but I feel like an animal being hunted in a baited field by the bad guys there. BG's love it when you can't shoot back.... hmmmm wonder why???

As for the bozo dropping his gun.... Oh wait it said he was carrying it unlawfully, no wonder he wasn't safe enough to carry it securely.
    Glad the woman was ok
    "Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God and Never Forget a Friend. "

Is it just me or has there been a rash of incidents in Albuquerque?

I've been in Albuquerque quite a few times and for being a larger city in the SW it didnt seem like that bad of an area to me. Of course I'm not the type to go out looking for the trouble either.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    Is it just me or has there been a rash of incidents in Albuquerque?

I've been in Albuquerque quite a few times and for being a larger city in the SW it didnt seem like that bad of an area to me. Of course I'm not the type to go out looking for the trouble either.
    ABQ is a cess-pool, the things posted are only about 1/4 the rest doesn't make it to the News.

I'm so sick of this city I can't wait to leave. You don't have to look for trouble here, it finds you - just walk into a Walgreens, Walmart or from your car to your office
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Please DO NOTE that this guy WAS NOT a permitted carrier. He was illegally packing some cheap .22 that went bang when he dropped it.

Although with such great intelligence he likely should never carry at least if he did the basic training to get a permit he would not be acting so irresponsibly with such a crappy firearm.

CCW is not Pro-Gun, it is Pro-Gun TRAINING. People are going to carry guns, supporting the CCW movement means people carrying guns more safely.

Personally I am much happier when a gang-banger has an idea of safe gun handling. Recently I was at a gun show where there was a group of about six known gang members that have yet to get the felony rap sheet (according to the Deputy I was hanging with) looking to take the CCW class and take a look at decent weapons. At least I can feel bit safer that I will not get hit by their ND.

Don't you just love those "GUN FREE" zones, where your supposed to be safe according to the anti gun folks, will they ever learn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12