Glock 30 SF Mag loading problems

Thread: Glock 30 SF Mag loading problems

Glock 30 SF Mag loading problems

Hello all. I'm new here so work with me. This may not be the right place for this thread.

I just got my Glock 30 SF and went out to shoot it. I noticed that loading the magazines is a real bear. Even with the Glock supplied mag loader I can only get 8 in. I live in Calif and can only have a 10-round mag so I want them all!

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

3. I have the same glock. It is a pain in the rear to load all 10. But you need to let the spring get broke in.

New mags can be rough to load. As long as you're sure it's a 10 round mag (I've seen folks attempt to load 10 into a 8 round mag!), then keep at it. Load as many as you can comfortably load, then unload. After several cycles, it should become easier to load. I have seen Glock ship the wrong mags with pistols (as with other manufacturers). It's very rare, but does happen, since it's usually humans putting the stuff into the box prior to shipment.

Good luck, and feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I too own and carry a Glock 30sf and I agree that the mags are tough to load. I have 3 mags for it and all 3 can be a pain in the buttocks to load the 10th round into.

I also agree with Dockman and Glockfan that your mags will loosen up in time. Mine have loosened up a bit but I am still not comfortable carrying the gun in the 10+1 mode. I find when I insert a mag loaded with all 10 rounds there seems to be a bit more than a "normal" amount of pressure placed on the bottom of the slide from the inside. I am concerned the extra resistance on the slide might cause it to hang up and cause a jam. So until I get a chance to shoot a lot of rounds through it from the 10+1 mode (at the range of course ) I prefer to carry it in the 9+1 mode for now. In my spare mag I do carry all 10 rounds however.

I guess in short just keep working with your mags and they should get easier to load. And I recommend shooting your gun from the 10+1 mode repeatedly so you know for sure itís going to work with that 10th round in the mag.

Thanks you guys. I've been a wheel gun guy for quite some time and just was't sure. I'll be 'working them out' for a while.

Buy an UPLULA loader. problem solved.

I agree. The Uplula helped a lot.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

UPDATE.

UpLuLa mag loader came in Sat. It is one of the few things I have purchased that works the way they advertise! I can now load 9 into the 10 round mag. The 10th round will just not push down. Yes, it is a 10 round mag. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    UPDATE.

UpLuLa mag loader came in Sat. It is one of the few things I have purchased that works the way they advertise! I can now load 9 into the 10 round mag. The 10th round will just not push down. Yes, it is a 10 round mag. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone.

Keep working it. Loading should get easier in time.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Keep working it. Loading should get easier in time.

gf
    +1. Load the mag up with 9 and let it sit for a few days. That should help seat the spring and allow you to load the 10th round.

Or you could always get rid of that piece of junk and buy a 1911.... Sorry couldn't resist.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin