Another shooting in Albuquerque
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another shooting in Albuquerque

1. Another shooting in Albuquerque

KOB.com - Would-be home invader shot, killed

A man who deputies say was trying to break into a North Valley home was shot and killed early Thursday.

Bernalillo County deputies report that they found 43-year-old Dimas Apodaca, dead in a front yard at Pueblo Luna near Second Street and Osuna.

Neighbor Orlando Lucero said that he heard “three loud thumps, sounds like they kicked the door in. Come to find out it was a sledgehammer followed by four or five shots and a car speeding off.”

Sergeant Mark Kmatz of the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office says people at the scene have been detained.

“We’ve made contact with everybody here that we have detained, but just for interview purposes,” he said. “It doesn’t mean they were involved.”

Nobody else was hurt in the incident that happened at about 3:00 in the morning.

Investigators say they’ve obtained a search warrant for the home and they detained six people for questioning.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

is this kind of sense not that common anymore? if you don't want to get shot/killed, don't be stupid and break into some one's house.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

the invader got what he deserved. good job for the homeowner!
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

if you are gonna e ownerbe dumb you better be tough. My congrats to home owner.

IMO - people are getting tired of being victamized and won't stand for it any more !

7. Quote Originally Posted by PX4storm View Post
    IMO - people are getting tired of being victamized and won't stand for it any more !
    Agreed. Everywhere, is getting worse. ABQ has been crime ridden for some time, and its only increasing.

Our new mayor just declared a "war on property crime" and is asking the citizenry to help, of course that doesn't mean do anything illegal, and he isn't advocating violence.

This city is having a hard time. I've seen a new trend here. Marked crown Victoria's with full light bars, and shotguns mounted "CITIZENS PATROL" is marked on the side, and they drive around all night and report hookers, drug dealers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    This city is having a hard time. I've seen a new trend here. Marked crown Victoria's with full light bars, and shotguns mounted "CITIZENS PATROL" is marked on the side, and they drive around all night and report hookers, drug dealers, etc.

WOW ! no chit !

9. Quote Originally Posted by PX4storm View Post
    WOW ! no chit !
    lol no chit! Its insane, I'd never align myself with that group just because of the vigilante image they're giving off. Its pretty much an armed neighborhood watch. I can do the same from an unmarked car, and my Glock except everyone won't know who the hell I am, if i'm calling the cops, and therefore have no reason to take pot shots at me lol

Talking

Sooo, now to be clear.... it's"don't bring a knife and or sledge hammer to a gun fight"

Quote Originally Posted by Frankt897 View Post
    Sooo, now to be clear.... it's"don't bring a knife and or sledge hammer to a gun fight"
    very true
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast