Why is my gun jamming? (H&K USP .40) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is my gun jamming? (H&K USP .40)

Marking the magazine is very important. Especially if you are going to follow Festus' detailed method of eliminating the problem. That would be +1 for you Festus.
    Having said that my question is other then nail polish, (No it's my wife's!) do you have any suggestions for marking the magazine? Is there a commercial product specifically for this?
    Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Marking the magazine is very important. Especially if you are going to follow Festus' detailed method of eliminating the problem. That would be +1 for you Festus.
    Having said that my question is other then nail polish, (No it's my wife's!) do you have any suggestions for marking the magazine? Is there a commercial product specifically for this?
    Thanks all.
    They sell paint marking pens in office supply stores, you could use spray paint from home depot, the possibilities are endless. My suggestion for marking magazines would be nail polish. Take your wife's favorite color, or you can do what I do and walk in to your local Wal-mart, Walgreen's etc., and grab the first bottle of nail polish that's bright and jumps right out at you. I will use the same color nail polish to mark all of the magazines that I put into service at the same time. If I pick up a couple of more mags a year later, they get marked with a different color. This helps me figure out when it's time to retire a magazine. How you choose to mark the magazines is up to you. I use a *, **, ***, etc. pattern on both the floor plate and the base of the magazine just above the floor plate. In the event that one or more of my markings get rubbed off, I could look at the markings on both locations to figure out which is correct and re-paint as needed.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I used to have exactly the same problem as you .. then when we went for our CCW, I brought my gun and it jammed on me twice. My instructor looked at it and immediately said that I should have to see a machinist about it. He also advised me to change the Slide catch spring and the slide catch. The spring cost $1.00 and the Slide catch cost $10.00. Anyway, my husband piled a little bit of the entrance to where the bullet enters the hole and changed the parts, as I mentioned above and we had never had any problems since. As if it did not happen. Have someone look at your gun...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

5. Thanks!

Hey I just wanted to thank all of you who have posted, the info in this thread has been very helpful to me, You guys have given me some good insight and some really creative ideas, I appreciate it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12