We name our boats, our cars, our pets... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We name our boats, our cars, our pets...

It would be interesting to find out how these slang terms came into being. Who first coined the phrases.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

FYI I did some searching and found the following couple of possibilities on Roscoe.

Where did the term "Roscoe" come from when referring to a pistol? - Yahoo! Answers
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I've always just called my Kimber...... Kimber. Don't have names for any of my other.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

5. I met Margaret at the store, it just felt so right when I held her ... I had to bring her home with me .... I'd trust her with my life ... I keep her close to me at all times .... She's usually in my pants IWB .... I sleep with her close by .......Sometimes I rub oil on her ..... I better stop telling you about Margaret, or you'll want her too ...

Though, like my Ex-Wife, sometimes she makes a LOT of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post
    I met Margaret at the store, it just felt so right when I held her ... I had to bring her home with me .... I'd trust her with my life ... I keep her close to me at all times .... She's usually in my pants IWB .... I sleep with her close by .......Sometimes I rub oil on her ..... I better stop telling you about Margaret, or you'll want her too ...
    Margaret? Margaret? Oh, man, reminds me of the nuns I had in Catholic school (Sister Mary Margaret, Sister Margaret Mary). As long as you were gonna name her, what about something sexy, like, I don't know...Brigitte, Tammy, Becky, Sara....

Great post. LMAO.

i call my m-4 "dog" cause it barks over here, but bites out younder!

8. Nope, I don't name my guns but I have a friend that refers to the Surefire Responder forearm on my home defense shotgun (an 1100 Remington that's set up almost identically to the 1187 K-9 model that Scattergun Technologies sells) as the 'God Light' because when I first showed it to him, I did it in an unlit interior room that it lit up better than the ceiling fixture with 2 100 watt light bulbs. A 90 lumen flashlight is a weapon unto itself in a low light situation and I do prefer my shooting to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by RPB View Post
    I met Margaret at the store, it just felt so right when I held her ... I had to bring her home with me .... I'd trust her with my life ... I keep her close to me at all times .... She's usually in my pants IWB .... I sleep with her close by .......Sometimes I rub oil on her ..... I better stop telling you about Margaret, or you'll want her too ...

Though, like my Ex-Wife, sometimes she makes a LOT of noise.

You're cracking me up! roflmfao!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12