Eye of the Tiger
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

In a reflective mood today and here's today's "reflective mood" topic:

Do you have the "Eye of the Tiger"?

It occurs to me that we communicate a lot of tough talk through this site. I do, too, so I'm not drawing down on any one individual. Hell, we talk about the SHittingTF, societal collapse, survival skills, tactical training, weapons handling, taking down BGs, the list goes on.

But how many of us are truly prepared to do whatever it takes? Go look at the video under LEO Encounters posted by American ME, and then tell me how the outcome would be different for you. Do some soul-searching, here, no keyboard tough guys. I will submit, as I said in that thread, that if you are an untrained CWP holder (and I mean expensive, serious on-going training), you are NOT prepared.

This is all very serious business. Have you ever met any truly BAD guys? The kind whose whole demeanor says they would kill you if they had to. These people are intimidating. If you've never met one, how can you possibly know what you could be up against? What do THEY see when they look at YOU?

Are you willing to die? Really? Well, dying is easy. The more crucial question is: Can you come out on top, whatever the situation? Suppose you drop your piece and the BG is on top of you. Got any empty-hand fighting skills? What about that buck knife in your pocket? Ever been TRAINED to use it? How about empty-hand defense against a knife?

Eye of the Tiger means: You are DEADLY serious and you can take care of business when you need to. Whatever that "business" may be. BGs and sheep should look at you and KNOW that you are a serious, capable individual, from the way you look and carry yourself. Do you project that image? Do you have the Eye of the Tiger?

Where are you at?

Food for thought...

Well...I haven't met any BG yet, not after being stalked, but that is another story for another day and besides I wasn't living here yet at the time and I wasn't into guns then. I just know what guns looks like. Period. This year is my year to do some courses on Personal Protection for the Home (February) and Personal Protection Outside the Home (March) then perhaps I will be looking into some Tactical course on handgun handling. So yes, I will shoot anyone who will do harm to me and mine -- and I am a woman! I make sure I have a lot of practice down the basement and around the house in case something happens, despite of my dog. My practice may not seem adequate to many here who are more experienced than I am but I do practice twice a week at least. Does that make me capable of killing anyone that will touch my husband's hair in anger? You betcha!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Always enjoy your input TM, but the issue is more than WiLL you (although that's certainly important), but, more significantly, CAN you? Once it hits the fan, what I've been taught is you are, at best, 50% as good as you are on the range. It's one of the reasons, I like professional training where serious, intense instructors are putting you under increasing stress.

Be sure to check out the video in LEO Encounters. It's instructive, to say the least.

Could you provide a link to the video JJ? Tried to search the forums but came up empty. Would like to see it.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

I survived my years on the street as a LEO and took down many bad guys in many forms and manners. Some were big and tough as nails, others were little guys but with bad attitudes and willing to do anything. I'm still in good enough shape and had enough training to handle most of them, but without the uniform and the threat of authority, some are not as intimidated. I will say this. While things are lawful, I will obey the law and use of force. However, after the SHTF, if anybody comes to me with crime or poor intentions, I'll just shoot the piss out of 'em from then on, with no warning, second thought or remorse. I have seen what the thugs will do on the street with the Law in place. There's no talking with them, negotiating, rationalizing or pleading with them. They only know one thing. Power and brute force. I can only imagine how ruthless and wild they will be with no law. If I see a Thug Monkee even so much as give me a second look in a lawless society, he's gonna get shot. BEFORE he has a chance to get aggressive. Period! I'm not giving him a chance to do anything to me or my family.

Let's face it, when you are fighting in the street, you are fighting for your life. Be mean, ruthless and angry. When they go down, don't stop, get on 'em and stay on 'em until they are disabled enough to prevent them from getting up and comming back at you. One mistake I have seen, is the notion that when you are attacked, you have to fight fair and stop when he goes down. Make sure he's going to STAY DOWN. I saw a guy gassing up his boat and truck early one morning at a convenience store, when a local thug approached the man and began roughing him up trying to rob him. The guy got a couple of punches on the bad guy and he went down. He immediately backed off and the bad guy got up and pulled a pocket knife and stabbed the guy 3 times. Then took his wallet and walked away. He had the bad guy down, but backed off as if he were under the rules in a boxing ring. If he would have stayed on the bad guy and put in a few more good licks and put him out for the count while on the ground, the stabbing part would not have happened. I stood in amazement on the 5th floor of a building calling 911. He had the bad guy down and stopped as if using good manners and obeying rules, and paid for it.

I don't think many people understand this unless you've seen them on the street over a lifetime and see the things that some bad guys do, but I know what they are capable of. Now, remove the Law, the presence of Law Enforcers, add hunger, greed and not knowing what will happen tommorrow, and you have one dangerous animal. I'll shoot first, then think about it.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    Could you provide a link to the video JJ? Tried to search the forums but came up empty. Would like to see it.
    the forum: LEO Encounters
    the thread: The Real Deal...
    the poster: American ME

Be sure to check it out; VERY disturbing, VERY enlightening.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Always enjoy your input TM, but the issue is more than WiLL you (although that's certainly important), but, more significantly, CAN you? Once it hits the fan, what I've been taught is you are, at best, 50% as good as you are on the range. It's one of the reasons, I like professional training where serious, intense instructors are putting you under increasing stress.

Be sure to check out the video in LEO Encounters. It's instructive, to say the least.
    Hmmm...after my ordeal a decade ago when I wasn't into guns yet (long story, will not bore you all with it...) I will say YES! YES! YES! I can shoot anyone who will do me and mine in a heartbeat, especially now that I have the weapon to do it and know the safeties and the rules of engagement should anything happens to SHTF.

G'day and Glock

JJFlash. It is Hard not to sound like an Internet Tough Guy when people do not know or can not check credentials. I have been in many small arm fire fights, in combat, on foreign soil. It may surprise you who will and who will not fight.... I mean FIGHT. 1911 Head was a LEO... He can probably explain how a 90lb woman becomes the MOST dangerous person in the room when you are arresting and taking away her 16 year old son.... She Will FIGHT you.

My theory is that people are capable of GREAT Violence...it is Society that dictates what is exceptable behavior. How many boys are punished at a young age in the United States for fighting in schools? Play fighting, even real school scuffles are important learning experiences for young boys to learn to except a punch and still fight. Get Up, Don't quit.
    I see the young boys here in Philippines fight..FIGHT each other...it's not always the older tougher kid that wins.. Its the Kid with confidence and "Eye of the Tiger"... He will grow up and be a skilled warrior. MORE important.. Mold the Kid to act for good, and not bad... That is the problem...the Kids growing up in United States that ARE Allowed to fight are Urban Inner City parentless /fatherless thugs... No One is around to set them straight. They grow up with the strong confidence but with a Predator instinct instead of a Noble Posture to others.

I have taken punches to the head/body..I have NOT won every fight I've been in. I've been shot once and shot back several..and slashed/stabbed twice... I've run from gun fire and I've Run towards it... I've shot at and been shot at. It is a mind set... But confidence comes from not only training, but experience... I Have one guy here working for me who claimed the Lotto Motto.."You must be in it to Win it"
    One of the Biggest problems I see for Shootings in USA... and Now unfortunately with Soldiers either with US military or Paid forces are LEGAL.... The Poor fighter shoots in defense or for work and then gets charged with a crime... That would make anyone think twice before acting, when you might ONLY have a second to act....
    The best training short of actual combat, is people watching. Just WATCH People... head over to some REAL biker Bars... Not the Poser bars. Just watch... they aren't scary people... But REAL Fighters... Visit a prison to work in their study programs.. Volunteer at homeless shelters and soup kitchens, street teen agencies... Does this sound silly?? NO. It gets you comfortable being around these people... these people ALL Have the "Eye of the Tiger"... GUT FIGHTING SKILLS.... Get comfortable around them..so you don't blink... So when you do ever meet their kind in a dark parking lot, you can look back at them...with a comfort level they will feel in their gut... They will SMELL THE CREDIBILITY ON YOU...I BET They Pick an easier target!!!

My Experiences... Captain Extraction Force Philippines.

1911HB and Glock9 make some great points about violence. While I do not have their military or LEO experience, I have been associated, in the past , with one-percent bikers. True warriors and I don't mean to glamorize the clubs, necessarily. They will fight at the drop of a hat, no hesitation, and fight hard.

I think the SPEED at which things can erupt around you or on top of you is what will surprise the unwary and untrained. Things can go from 0-60 in a heartbeat and if you're not on top of the situation, you're gonna be on the bottom. And that's not a good place to be.

Off-topic...sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK9 View Post
    JJFlash. It is Hard not to sound like an Internet Tough Guy when people do not know or can not check credentials. I have been in many small arm fire fights, in combat, on foreign soil. It may surprise you who will and who will not fight.... I mean FIGHT. 1911 Head was a LEO... He can probably explain how a 90lb woman becomes the MOST dangerous person in the room when you are arresting and taking away her 16 year old son.... She Will FIGHT you.

My theory is that people are capable of GREAT Violence...it is Society that dictates what is exceptable behavior. How many boys are punished at a young age in the United States for fighting in schools? Play fighting, even real school scuffles are important learning experiences for young boys to learn to except a punch and still fight. Get Up, Don't quit.
    I see the young boys here in Philippines fight..FIGHT each other...it's not always the older tougher kid that wins.. Its the Kid with confidence and "Eye of the Tiger"... He will grow up and be a skilled warrior. MORE important.. Mold the Kid to act for good, and not bad... That is the problem...the Kids growing up in United States that ARE Allowed to fight are Urban Inner City parentless /fatherless thugs... No One is around to set them straight. They grow up with the strong confidence but with a Predator instinct instead of a Noble Posture to others.

I have taken punches to the head/body..I have NOT won every fight I've been in. I've been shot once and shot back several..and slashed/stabbed twice... I've run from gun fire and I've Run towards it... I've shot at and been shot at. It is a mind set... But confidence comes from not only training, but experience... I Have one guy here working for me who claimed the Lotto Motto.."You must be in it to Win it"
    One of the Biggest problems I see for Shootings in USA... and Now unfortunately with Soldiers either with US military or Paid forces are LEGAL.... The Poor fighter shoots in defense or for work and then gets charged with a crime... That would make anyone think twice before acting, when you might ONLY have a second to act....
    The best training short of actual combat, is people watching. Just WATCH People... head over to some REAL biker Bars... Not the Poser bars. Just watch... they aren't scary people... But REAL Fighters... Visit a prison to work in their study programs.. Volunteer at homeless shelters and soup kitchens, street teen agencies... Does this sound silly?? NO. It gets you comfortable being around these people... these people ALL Have the "Eye of the Tiger"... GUT FIGHTING SKILLS.... Get comfortable around them..so you don't blink... So when you do ever meet their kind in a dark parking lot, you can look back at them...with a comfort level they will feel in their gut... They will SMELL THE CREDIBILITY ON YOU...I BET They Pick an easier target!!!

My Experiences... Captain Extraction Force Philippines.
    My father is a Filipino and had taught me a lot, came from Ilocos.
    (I want to say more but..sorry gotta go...DH is calling...)
    G'day and Glock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast