Picking a CCW Handgun - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Picking a CCW Handgun

Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    I heard Sigma has always jammed and malfunction problem. Is that true?
    had no problems with either of mine (9mm and .40)

I have a Sigma F in 40 S&W; it shoots very well. Past complaints have centered around maintenance (cost and frequency) when they are used as an everyday carry gun (i.e. police deparments); I've not heard of any major ones beyond that. I'm also sure S&W has improved since the F version.

Witness is not related to CZ, it's made in Italy, primarily based upon the Browing (Hi-Power) design. They are well made reliable weapons, not a "top brand", but a good value.

Caliber choice should be largely dependent on expected use - can you handle the recoil? Is your 90 lb significant other going to be shooting it as well? Are you going to use it to hunt - rabbits or elephants? Do the grips feel right? I was able to convice friends to take me shooting, letting me try weapons before I made a choice to buy.

BTW, almost anything you bought within the last three years has gained in value (out performed) the stock market by a large margin!

As the topic was "Picking a CCW Handgun" I think a critical point has been left out. If you really mean to carry (EDC) the gun you need to think seriously about size and weight (the gun, not you!) There are many guns out there that are really marvelous to own and shoot, but a bear to carry. Remember you need something you can hide without too much clothing. It doesn't stay winter forever. It shouldn't be the sole factor but it does need to be considered in the selection process.

Hey guys this is my first post on this forum but I just bought a SIG P220 Carry edition and I really like it. Just seeing if any of u have experience or any opinions about these guns? I don't have my CCW yet but plan to get it very soon and plan on using my SIG for carry. Any opinions? Thx!

6. Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    I have a Sigma VE .40, put over 500 rounds down the pipe and not one failure.
    Sam Ragsdale
    AGCM(AW/SW) USN-Ret

NRA Life Member

I pretty much want the Sigma, although they do have the Ruger LCP .380 for $299 as well, but i don't like its small magazine capacity, kind of makes me nervous if i would even need it.

New Ruger LCP .380 for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $299.00

I think i could conceal the Sigma if i had to with minimal clothes.

I got the Sigma SW40VE today.

Looks great! I have read more bad reviews than good regarding the "Sigma". Keep us posted on how your first trip to the range goes.

10. Quote Originally Posted by MWfinest View Post
    Hey guys this is my first post on this forum but I just bought a SIG P220 Carry edition and I really like it. Just seeing if any of u have experience or any opinions about these guns? I don't have my CCW yet but plan to get it very soon and plan on using my SIG for carry. Any opinions? Thx!
    That is exactly what I have for CCW. Love the way it shoots. Mine's a DA/SA.

I carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck using the v-clips with a Crossbreed velcro-lined Gun Belt. A good belt makes a TON of difference.

welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    Not all.. Some of the early 9mm had issues. .40 versions were a bit better..

Good Luck with it..

Remember to put some ammo through it before you carry it for SD.

2-300 rounds target ammo to make sure there are no general issues like accuracy problems feed jams etc.

Then run 100 or so rounds of the carry ammo to make sure it likes to feed and eject that type too.

Peace..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast