Picking a CCW Handgun - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Picking a CCW Handgun

100 rounds of speer gold dots is going to be expensive.

$25 a box for 20 shots

Thats $125 just to test my gold dots. I sure hope i can get a good feel for them with less than 100 bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post

$25 a box for 20 shots

Thats $125 just to test my gold dots. I sure hope i can get a good feel for them with less than 100 bullets.
    The Speer Gold Dots should be used for self defense purposes only. Get you a box of Winchester "White Box" aka "U.S.A" ammo for practice. I know the Wal-Mart in my area sells 100rnd. boxes of 165gr. FMJ for $26.99. A lot cheaper than trying to practice with hollow point SD ammo.

$25 a box for 20 shots

Firing the first round to have the 2nd one jam could be costly too. Yes I know it gets expensive, Maybe not 100 but at least40- 50 then. It's a very good idea to put some of the ammo you intend to carry through your carry piece just to make sure it feeds well.

Most modern US made ammo is very good quality and should not be an issue, but making sure your gun likes to feed it is a reality that can not be avoided. At least 2 boxes of 20 should do it if cost is an issue. Just be safe and sure. When and if you need it, I hope you never do, you will want it to be there for you for every shot.

Peace.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

5. The 9mm Sigma was a big sell to police departments when they first came out due to cost.The Sigma developed a bad reputation for jamming.Don't use +P+ in the Sigma, it's not a Glock.The new S&W M&P is a better gun.You should carry a reliable weapon,the XD is also a good gun that sell around $400.00 USD.

I pretty much want the Sigma, although they do have the Ruger LCP .380 for $299 as well, but i don't like its small magazine capacity, kind of makes me nervous if i would even need it.

New Ruger LCP .380 for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $299.00

I think i could conceal the Sigma if i had to with minimal clothes.
    For good concealment look at the CrossBreed Supertuck. Well worth the money. I carry the full size M&P45 in one and no one notices it.

Peace..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Firing the first round to have the 2nd one jam could be costly too. Yes I know it gets expensive, Maybe not 100 but at least40- 50 then. It's a very good idea to put some of the ammo you intend to carry through your carry piece just to make sure it feeds well.

Most modern US made ammo is very good quality and should not be an issue, but making sure your gun likes to feed it is a reality that can not be avoided. At least 2 boxes of 20 should do it if cost is an issue. Just be safe and sure. When and if you need it, I hope you never do, you will want it to be there for you for every shot.

Peace.

I had planned at first to fire at least 20 of the speer gold dots to test it but i might have to get more before i try to cycle my 2 boxes because i only have 2 and i want to keep at least a magazine of them ready.

Walmart is where i have been purchasing my range ammo so far. Have gotten 2 boxes of the winchester range ammo in those white boxes for decent prices. Got a total of 2 of the 50 boxes of 180 gr FMJ for like $17 and 1 box of the 100 FMJ 165 gr for about $30

Anyone know about how much the difference is in accuracy between speer gold dots and FMJ rounds at a given range? If i get my gun sighted in well with FMJ rounds is it going to be a lot different with the hollow points at any distance?

I have a Glock 36 .45 and a Ruger LCP. Obviously the Ruger is a pocket gun. I like them both. I use PowR Ball ammo in both when I'm carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by MWfinest View Post
    Hey guys this is my first post on this forum but I just bought a SIG P220 Carry edition and I really like it. Just seeing if any of u have experience or any opinions about these guns? I don't have my CCW yet but plan to get it very soon and plan on using my SIG for carry. Any opinions? Thx!
    Love those Sigs! By far the best group I have ever shot on the range was with my Sig 220. Though others regularly carry 220's concealed, I find it too large and heavy for me to tote around all the time. YMMV. You have a fine pistol and when you have it with, you will certainly be well armed!
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123