Thin Skin - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thin Skin

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK9 View Post
    OFF TOPIC... Not the Question asked and does not add anything....

OR: "What Ammo Do You Carry in .380"? They Answer... "Everyone Knows the .45ACP is the BEST defense round...Blah Blah... MY Uncle's friend's cousin who is a Cop says this and That....Blah Blah...."

Stay Safe... Captain
    Your uncle has a friend who is a cop???

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    Your uncle has a friend who is a cop???

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    There's always a smart-ass in the group. Nice that it's not me, this time!

Actually, I was gonna post that I have been quilty of this (i.e., going off-topic); I'll have to be more careful about that.

I never get off topic especially when we are talking about this subject. Say, what was the topic anyway.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I was recently reading "The Best Software Writing I". The book is a collection of essays, and I found "A Group Is It's Own Worst Enemy" by Clay Shirky to be quite valuable.

There's a number of valuable lessons, but one is about religious veneration--a set of ideas within any group or community, whether it's online or live, that are beyond critique.

Every group has a set of core tenets, beliefs or interests that are beyond criticism. I think the difference between a lot of groups is in how the groups chooses to deal with ideological challenges to it's core beliefs.

Most will just "flame on", but I agree with JJFlash that it's better to answer the questions or meet the challenges rather than passing out Nomex suits and nuking from orbit. Even if only 1 in 100 trolls turn to converts, I'd rather have those 1 in 100 converts in the R2KBA community.
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12