New tool for finding ammo at good prices... feedback please.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New tool for finding ammo at good prices... feedback please.

New tool for finding ammo at good prices... feedback please.

Howdy Folks,

I'm fairly new to the site and have been impressed with the quality of information getting passed around here. I'm enjoying the discussions!

It's time for me to ask for some help and maybe provide some at the same time.

A friend and I have been working on a utility that scours many (right now there are 21) of the online retailers for IN STOCK ammo and then presents it in a nice searchable/sortable way. The idea started for me last summer when ammo was rather difficult to find.

We believe it is pretty much ready for primetime and I'd like to share it with you all and hope that you kind folks will give us some constructive feedback on the site, functionality, usefulness, etc.. This is not a product we are selling, it's a free tool for fellow gun nuts like me. (although we do hope to keep it running via revenue from ads, etc.)... It's kinda like a Google for ammo.

We have plans to add new retailers and calibers, but we tried to cover most of the popular ones already.

Anyway, enough jibber-jabber.

The site is: AmmoSeek.com - We find ammo for you

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing all criticisms, good and bad!

Enjoy!

First, Welcome to the site from Tampa Bay, Floriduh..

Great Idea.. But I think the "Seek" doesn't work right..

There appears to be NO .380 ammo anywhere..

No really.. Great site.. Thanx for doing the work.. Did you contact the different stores and see if they can kick you a referral fee (Become an affiliate)? It's the same price to us, so if you can make a couple of bucks a month beyond the ads, great..

Thanx for letting us know...

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Welcome to USA Carry, fatjack! Great idea and the site looks good. Easy to use. One idea that comes to mind is if you want to expand a little setup a reloading components category. Primers, bullets and powder are still hard to find. Once again Welcome!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

5. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    First, Welcome to the site from Tampa Bay, Floriduh..

Great Idea.. But I think the "Seek" doesn't work right..

There appears to be NO .380 ammo anywhere..
    Hi, thanks for trying out AmmoSeek.
    Yikes, that was a problem indeed. Give it another try, as it appears that some 380 is showing up now.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    No really.. Great site.. Thanx for doing the work.. Did you contact the different stores and see if they can kick you a referral fee (Become an affiliate)? It's the same price to us, so if you can make a couple of bucks a month beyond the ads, great..

Thanx for letting us know...
    Right now we're not affiliated with the retailers in any way. It would be ideal if we could all work hand-in-hand, but for now this is a labor of love. It would make us happiest if you find the site useful, or else all my hard work will have been wasted. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

-Mike

Good site, thank you!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the Great resource!! I've bookmarked it and will be passing it along to my accomplices on another board I frequent. I agree about seeing if you can get a referral fee or a "Pay-per-Click" for your energies. Good Luck, and Thanks again!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

.68 per round for cheap .380 ammo? Makes me wonder if Barry and his minions have made serious stock investments in ammo manufacturing company's? Prices are beyond belief.
    I was thinking about buying a .380 for carry. I can't afford to buy the 300 rounds to break it in properly.
    9mm, .38, or .22 is all I can afford.

I'm going to post your link on some other forums.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

10. Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I'm going to post your link on some other forums.
    Much appreciated!

11. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    .68 per round for cheap .380 ammo? Makes me wonder if Barry and his minions have made serious stock investments in ammo manufacturing company's? Prices are beyond belief.
    I was thinking about buying a .380 for carry. I can't afford to buy the 300 rounds to break it in properly.
    9mm, .38, or .22 is all I can afford.
    Hi, we had a little bug with the .380 caliber, but that has been fixed, and now you can find .380 as low as $0.40 via AmmoSeek.com.

Enjoy,

-Mike

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast