Turning tides
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turning tides

Turning tides

Scenario: last year, a family member did not want me near her children because she knows I carry. She is on the fence about what she sees as a lack of need to carry. We live in a semi rural town in Nevada and coyotes abound (both 2- and 4-footed variety.) The children do not know I carry, they know my husband carries.

Update to this year: this same family member has asked me to be the person in charge for supervised visitation for her ex and their children. She says that she doesn't expect any trouble but the fact that I carry should insure that.

The family member told me last night that she's going to speak with a recruiter about joining the Army this morning. I didn't bring up the fact that she'll be learning to shoot her own guns. Why stir the nest?

I find it quite ironic how her perspective changed with her circumstances!

This happens almost all the time -- some people need to wait for something to jolt them out of a dreamlike existence that everything is honky-dory in their world. If Cinderfella can lay asleep in the woods without anyone molesting her, what's the %tage of anyone hurting them too?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

That's why they say "a Conservative is a Liberal who's been mugged." You don't always need the "Mugging" part, happily, but it's interesting how under "Your" circumstances it's unacceptable to carry but when it's "Mine", it's OK. Case in point: That virulently anti-gun (Democrat?) politician who shot an intruder in his home last year...It's OK for him to be able to protect HIS family but to Hell with the rest of us. The World is run by Hypocrites.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    That's why they say "a Conservative is a Liberal who's been mugged." You don't always need the "Mugging" part, happily, but it's interesting how under "Your" circumstances it's unacceptable to carry but when it's "Mine", it's OK. Case in point: That virulently anti-gun (Democrat?) politician who shot an intruder in his home last year...It's OK for him to be able to protect HIS family but to Hell with the rest of us. The World is run by Hypocrites.
    I'm a liberal, but I know better!

Yes it is! All the politicians who have body guards or those, themselves, who carry, but who don't think that we "peons" have the need...what's up with that? Sux!

We all have some Liberal qualities, I think. Without them you'd have no heart at all. But just how Liberal ARE you? Take This Test and see...

I'm 80% Conservative, 20% Liberal. It's a mix I can live with.

We all have some Liberal qualities, I think. Without them you'd have no heart at all. But just how Liberal ARE you? Take This Test and see...

I'm 80% Conservative, 20% Liberal. It's a mix I can live with.
    What a skewed test! In any case, here are my results. It's somewhat representative of me, on the fence a lot of the time.
    You Are 55% Conservative, 45% Liberal

There are other tests. I'll take one of yours if you find one that you feel is less skewed. Maybe I'll do better.

Im in trouuble, now......
    You Are 85% Conservative, 15% Liberal
    Semper Fi

There are other tests. I'll take one of yours if you find one that you feel is less skewed. Maybe I'll do better.
    I have no test at the present. The reason I think this one is skewed : there are only 2 answers to each "question." There is no "wiggle" room, no room for "other" or "none of the above" or any other answer. Things aren't always so cut and dry, so black and white. All that being said, it still shows me as pretty much "middle of the road," that's where I usually stand anyway. lol

175% conservative. No actually 85/15. I agree that some of the questions neither answer completely fit my beliefs.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast