need help with a holster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help with a holster

need help with a holster

just picked up a new FN FNP 45 the other day and was having a bit of trouble finding a holster for it. i was looking for one for open carry and that was actually made for the weapon. so far all i could find was a few from blade-tech. anybody got any suggestions? also if possible id like it to be a duty holster or tac level 2 if at all possible. any help would be appreciated guys. thanks.

josh
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    just picked up a new FN FNP 45 the other day and was having a bit of trouble finding a holster for it. i was looking for one for open carry and that was actually made for the weapon. so far all i could find was a few from blade-tech. anybody got any suggestions? also if possible id like it to be a duty holster or tac level 2 if at all possible. any help would be appreciated guys. thanks.

josh

There are many custom holster manufacturers out there. It may take a while to get your holster, so be prepared for a substantial wait (6 months or more). I'm not a big fan of Blade Tech products, but that's just my opinion. I've used Safariland, Bianchi, Blackhawk and Galco duty holsters. They may not be made specifically for the particular firearm, but do function well.

Good luck in finding the right holster for your sidearm.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I have a Blackhawk -- OWB -- for winter...but then I also use it for my Glock.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

thanks guys. ill check around and see what i can find.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Another vote for Blackhawk. I use their Serpa line, and I love it.

alot of my police buddies either use blackhawk or safariland. they swear by them. i have a blakhawk for my glock but i tried to see if my fn would fit and its much larger than my .40 compact. i didnt see on their site that they made one for this pistol just yet. ill have to contact them to find out. i try to use blackhawk products whenever i can. i used a lot of their items when i was in the marines. cant go wrong.

to al,,

EL PASO SADDLERY is, imVho, THE CLASS in the gunleather business & they will do ANYTHING that you want.

i have TWO in sharkskin for my Sig-Sauer P6 that will outlast ME!

yours, TN46

Quote Originally Posted by texasnative46 View Post
    to al,,

EL PASO SADDLERY is, imVho, THE CLASS in the gunleather business & they will do ANYTHING that you want.

i have TWO in sharkskin for my Sig-Sauer P6 that will outlast ME!

yours, TN46

What's the price range of the holsters? Do you have a link to their website?

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

glock fan,

try www.epsaddlery.com - everything you want is there.

they have a NICE catalog too.

yours, TN46

to all,

in the days, when i carried an old ITHACA AUTO-BURGLAR GUN (double-barrelled 20guage PISTOL) in South America, El Paso Saddlery "didn't blink an eye" at my request to make me a LH shoulder holster for it.

the NICE FOLKS at EPS just DID IT & it was COMFORTABLE to wear. - an A-B Gun is HEAVY but FEROCIOUS at close range, when loaded with buckshot.

NOTE: the ONLY time that i ever HAD to actually fire that A-B GUN in "an emergency situation" was to KILL a LARGE rabid stray dog. - stopped him "dead in his tracks", too!

otoh, just the the SIGHT of it being pointed AT them, convinced several "drug thugs" to surrender PEACEFULLY.
    (i consider an apprehension to be SUCCESSFUL if the BG goes to jail & nobody gets hurt/killed.)

NOPE, i don't work for EPS, but i'm surely "sold on" their politeness, customer service, helpfulness & QUALITY of leather-work!

just my opinion.

yours, TN46

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast