Glock 22 Gen 4 Jamming - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 22 Gen 4 Jamming

This is exactly why I don't buy newly released items as soon as they hit the shelf. A friend of mine is in the process of buying a Gen. 3 Glock 22 RTF2... The local gun store was advertising the new Gen. 4 Glocks and wanted to sell him one. I told him to steer clear until they are proven... I own Gen. 2 and 3 Glocks and have NEVER had any problems.

3. I think I should have thought of that sooner. One of the so called improvements is the spring which I am having the problems with. One of the things that swayed me too was that it came with 3 magazines in the package.

4. Now I'm getting frustrated. I've been given two different stories on the reasoning. One was from the dealer relaying what Glock told them and the other from Glock when i called them myself. The dealers relay to me was that Glock Corp said that the G22 Gen 4 will not handle target loads very well (i.e. the Winchester White boxes) and should use hot loads which is typical for self defense or carry loads. I told the dealer that that doesn't set well with me since i bought the gun based on the good name in the market place and all of the reviews I have read about Glock. The dealer admitted not ever hearing anything like that from Glock prior to this issue. I would assume that any reputable dealer which the one I purchased from is would tell me that when i was buying it. If that's the case, I would have bought the Gen 3 that was right there next to it.

Glock corp also told me that it can be temepemental with the lighter loads (Winchester white box) and the 18 gr Federals should be fine for the range. Well again I think that's unacceptable giving that most people who say their guns never jam have been shooting a wide rande of different loads and I even seen the abused models work fine. One thing is that as of right now the Fedaral is $13.95 50 rd box abd the Winchesters are $16.95 for 50 rds and $29.95 for the 100 rd value pack. I really don't think it should matter on the Winchesters or the Federals.

Now to figure out why I have the small dings around the collar of the compression spring where it seats into the barrel.

This gun was purchased as a carry weapon which bothers me that I really can't trust it. I have been shooting for 30+ years and this is my first Glock. I was excited to own one to see what all the hype was about.

Best regards,
    Jason
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadAllis View Post
    Now I'm getting frustrated. I've been given two different stories on the reasoning. One was from the dealer relaying what Glock told them and the other from Glock when i called them myself. The dealers relay to me was that Glock Corp said that the G22 Gen 4 will not handle target loads very well (i.e. the Winchester White boxes) and should use hot loads which is typical for self defense or carry loads. I told the dealer that that doesn't set well with me since i bought the gun based on the good name in the market place and all of the reviews I have read about Glock. The dealer admitted not ever hearing anything like that from Glock prior to this issue. I would assume that any reputable dealer which the one I purchased from is would tell me that when i was buying it. If that's the case, I would have bought the Gen 3 that was right there next to it.

Glock corp also told me that it can be temepemental with the lighter loads (Winchester white box) and the 18 gr Federals should be fine for the range. Well again I think that's unacceptable giving that most people who say their guns never jam have been shooting a wide rande of different loads and I even seen the abused models work fine. One thing is that as of right now the Fedaral is $13.95 50 rd box abd the Winchesters are $16.95 for 50 rds and $29.95 for the 100 rd value pack. I really don't think it should matter on the Winchesters or the Federals.

Now to figure out why I have the small dings around the collar of the compression spring where it seats into the barrel.

This gun was purchased as a carry weapon which bothers me that I really can't trust it. I have been shooting for 30+ years and this is my first Glock. I was excited to own one to see what all the hype was about.

Best regards,
    WOW!! That's insane!! I shoot Winchester "white box", Federal "American Eagle" and Remington "UMC" ammo all the time! My Glocks digest them without any problems. I can't believe Glock said they can be temperamental with the lighter loads??? HUH??? I shoot the 165gr. WWB and have never had a failure. Yours is the first review I have heard regarding the new Gen. 4 Glock and I must say that I am very disappointed in Glock. They had a great working pistol.. should have left well enough alone instead of trying make "improvements"??? If this is what is to be expected from the Gen fours, then they can recall the whole line. I'll stick with my gen two's and three's. They work great!

6. I'll keep you posted next week when I go back to the dealer and see them face to face. I will be meeting with one of the owners to discuss where to go next. I really hope that it's something as simple as let's put in a new spring and see what happens and all turns out well. Maybe the spring is flawed. As you also stated I am disappointed in the Glock Service reps response.
    Jason
    Michigan

My G-17C will eat anything I feed it, even the Wolf brand.
    I would call or write Glock. Ask for someone with a title. That is total BS. WWB is a universally accepted brand by Glock and all their competitors. Tell this person with a title your issue is being documented on a website read by many people. Give him the link. They will start losing customers. Chances are u just got a bad one off the line. It happens with cars, airplanes, and toasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    WOW!! That's insane!! I shoot Winchester "white box", Federal "American Eagle" and Remington "UMC" ammo all the time! My Glocks digest them without any problems. I can't believe Glock said they can be temperamental with the lighter loads??? HUH??? I shoot the 165gr. WWB and have never had a failure. Yours is the first review I have heard regarding the new Gen. 4 Glock and I must say that I am very disappointed in Glock. They had a great working pistol.. should have left well enough alone instead of trying make "improvements"??? If this is what is to be expected from the Gen fours, then they can recall the whole line. I'll stick with my gen two's and three's. They work great!

I agree. No excuse for the pistol to have problems with particular loads. I just got off the phone with a fewf buddies who have Gen 4 and RTF Glock pistols. They have no issues with the pistols, and as with their other Glock pistols, use whatever ammo they feel appropriate.

It may be that you received a "lemon". I sincerely hope Glock makes things right. In a previous post,"theicemanmpls" offered some great suggestions. If you don't get resolution from the dealer where you purchased your Glock, you may want to move up the food chain and contact Glock directly.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

9. I received a call from the dealer tonight. He said that the recoil spring is locked into the barrel when it's assembled and can't move. He said that when stripping the gun to clean it, the spring is slightly pulled out of the seat which is why it is not seated and I thought it was doing it while shooting. They are still going to try to figure out why the washer looking tip of the recoil spring has several dings on the edge. He said if they can't figure it out they will send it to Glock. So far I've had great service from my dealer, Hopefully they can figure out what is going on. This gun was purchased to be my carry gun, but I really can't imagine doing that if some of these problems persist.

I'm keeping this thread alive hoping to have some experianced Glock people chime in and to also help me stay focused. This is not to air dirty laundry.

Jason
    Jason
    Michigan

My 2 Cents Worth

I carry a Gen3 Glock 21 with over 3000 rounds through it without one single problem. Don't give up on the Glock Pistols they are the most reliable on the market.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

I have a Glock 23 and it has fired everything without a problem, including around 400 rounds of the WWB. I've used Blazer range ammo a lot and then half of box of several defensive carry loads without any problems. I'd have to say that I've put easily 1,000 rounds through my Glock and not had a problem which is why I use it as my carry weapon.

Good luck with getting yours straightened out!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast