Glock 22 Gen 4 Jamming - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock 22 Gen 4 Jamming

1. I got my gun back today. They said that the compression spring will get a little dinged up due to the violent back and forth movement. The Gen 4 had a metal washer like piece that sets into the barrel seat for a lack of a better term. The dealer showed me a Glock 22 Gen 3 which had a ploymer tip and that it also was a little roughed up. They said typically the springs are replaced every 3-5000 rounds which they did tell be at the time I purchased it to expect to do that.

As far as the jamming, they couldn't get it to jam and fired about 150 rounds through it. They said that the spring will loosen up a little after being fired ("break in") and should operate better with lighter loads.

I haven't given up hoe for my Glock and I hope to enjoy it for years to come. I am now also looking at a G27 too.

Jason
    Jason
    Michigan

3. Hey BigBadAllis - was wondering if you could give an update... Did things calm down with your Glock22 Gen4?

I only have about 150 rounds in my G22gen4 and it seems like I am having issues with my spring also. Upon disassemble it's off center, off seat... ect. I can recenter it again, but after a few "racks" of the slide when I look at the nose of the gun I can tell the guide rod is off center again. When I field strip the gun sometimes the spring seems to be jammed/pinched in the nose of the gun in such a way that it will not allow it to fully decompress, so I get something like this image.

[IMG=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4629/p10505352.jpg][/IMG]

A fully decompressed spring should be well past the 1/2 moon seat where it should rest (as you have to compress the spring to get it to rest on that 1/2 moon in the first place). As you can see a buddy is lifting it up with a sheet of paper and the spring is still tense. If he were to release the paper that is holding it up - you would see that the metal washer of the spring is not even putting any tension on the barrel... I can wobble the barrel in the slide.

Does this mean my barrel does not have the support of the spring when being fired? I am confuses as to if metal end washerever comes in contact with the barrel ever again during firing process ... or if the rests in the frame - only to be "picked up" by the slide when you disassemble.

Is this the same issue you were having with your spring?

Ive had zero jams with the gun so far.

this is my first gun... so I am trying stay positive.

Wanted to email this picture to Glock and ask the question - but there is not a single email address listed on their site.

4. Just wondering if you had any updates on your Glock 22 Gen4?

I have not experienced jamming, but I am having my recoil spring get jammed in the nose of the gun - to the point were it will not fully de-compress and seat on the barrel. Also, when looking at the nose of the (safe checked) gun, I can tell that the guide rod is off center... which is why I think I am getting the jammed spring in the nose. Almost as if some of the coils of the spring are getting caught in the frame of the slide at the nose opening. When I open it sometimes my spring is way off center. I've been very careful how I assemble the gun.

I can get this to consistently repeat after re-assembling the gun, and just racking the slide a few times.

150 rounds in it... debating if I should continue to fire it - or wait for Glock to call me back.

I was seriously considering a gen 4 Glock22. Love my Glock 17 that Billary caused me to rush out abd buy. My first gun. Glocks have always been so reliable. Might have to consider XDm Springfiels customer service is great, or another HK. Also waiting for a new Sig TacOp to come out. Please keep us posted on how the prob is resolved.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Gun_noob View Post
    Just wondering if you had any updates on your Glock 22 Gen4?

I have not experienced jamming, but I am having my recoil spring get jammed in the nose of the gun - to the point were it will not fully de-compress and seat on the barrel. Also, when looking at the nose of the (safe checked) gun, I can tell that the guide rod is off center... which is why I think I am getting the jammed spring in the nose. Almost as if some of the coils of the spring are getting caught in the frame of the slide at the nose opening. When I open it sometimes my spring is way off center. I've been very careful how I assemble the gun.

I can get this to consistently repeat after re-assembling the gun, and just racking the slide a few times.

150 rounds in it... debating if I should continue to fire it - or wait for Glock to call me back.
    The gun has been working flawlessly since I got it back. I've shot about 600 more rounds through it without it stove piping. Just had one time where the retracter didn't grab a spend shell. As far as the pinging on the recoil spring washer where it seats into the barrel it about the same. I have looked it several other glocks and notices that they all get dinged up a little. I have since purchased a Glock 27 and that has worked perfectly.

Jason
    Jason
    Michigan

7. Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I was seriously considering a gen 4 Glock22. Love my Glock 17 that Billary caused me to rush out abd buy. My first gun. Glocks have always been so reliable. Might have to consider XDm Springfiels customer service is great, or another HK. Also waiting for a new Sig TacOp to come out. Please keep us posted on how the prob is resolved.
    Now that my G22 Gen 4 is operating smoothly it seems to be a greta gun to have. My friend and neighbor just bought an XDm 9mm yesterday. The XDm is a really nice gun. I had a very difficult time deciding when I was buying. Either way you will be a very happy owner.

Jason
    Jason
    Michigan

wow sorry to hear about that. i was looking a a subcom glock today but went with a xd subcom insted. my m& p never has had a problem so i hope the xd is the same. good luck with your glock

safe shooting~
    aj

9. Quote Originally Posted by aj's 40 cal View Post
    wow sorry to hear about that. i was looking a a subcom glock today but went with a xd subcom insted. my m& p never has had a problem so i hope the xd is the same. good luck with your glock

safe shooting~
    aj
    My subcompact Glock 27 has worked flawlessly. It's very accurate and nice to shoot. I wouldn't want to shoot 200 rounds through it in one day though. With the shorter grip and the recoil you'll get sore hands. I know there pinky extensions available, but I want my practice rounds to have the same feel as it would if I'm carrying for self defense. I have the G22 for lots of firing time.

Jason
    Jason
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadAllis View Post
    Now that my G22 Gen 4 is operating smoothly it seems to be a greta gun to have. My friend and neighbor just bought an XDm 9mm yesterday. The XDm is a really nice gun. I had a very difficult time deciding when I was buying. Either way you will be a very happy owner.

Jason
    Sorry that you had those problems and hope all is well now. I hate to think that any Glock is not a reliable ole work horse. My 17 never had a problem and hope that if I get the 22 it will be just as reliable!
    Thanks and continued good luck

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Sorry that you had those problems and hope all is well now. I hate to think that any Glock is not a reliable ole work horse. My 17 never had a problem and hope that if I get the 22 it will be just as reliable!
    Thanks and continued good luck
    A buddy of mine recently bought a brand new 3rd generation Glock 22 (RTF2)... He has already put several hundred rounds through it without a hiccup... He loves his new pistol.. He is in the Army National Guard and is pursuing a career in law enforcement. He wants to carry his G22 when he finally goes out on the beat. He is going to have to work as a detention deputy for a bit before he can move into a patrol position. Anyway, I am still leary of the new gen. 4 pistols and have not tried them out yet. I have several pistols in mind for future purchase and one of them is of course a new 3rd. generation Glock... The G37 to be specific

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast