Glock 22 Gen 4 Jamming
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 22 Gen 4 Jamming

1. Glock 22 Gen 4 Jamming

Hello,

I purchased a new Glock 22 Gen 4 yesterday. I have shot 210 rounds through it and it has "Stove Piped" (empty shell getting caught on ejection) 4 times. The dealer things that I might be buffering the kick with my arms/hands which reduces it's ability to conpletly kick out the shell. After the first two times, I was extra careful not to let it kick and locked my arm.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
    Jason

Several factors come to mind when a stove pipe keeps occurring: Limp wristing - you don't have to lock your arm, just hold firm and give the gun the resistance it needs to operate the slide. Poor quality ammo - Reduced loads, some reloads that are not up to factory spec, and do not have enough power to properly operate the slide to full inertia. Bad magazine - although not very common on a new gun, you may try another mag, unless you have been using more than one already. Mainspring and guide rod improperly installed - field strip and double check that the main spring is properly seated. If the problem persist, try another gun.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Did you clean it after purchase before using? No offense intended, however it happens a great deal.
    Make sure you don't use to much oil.
    Ammo, limp wrist, or spring could also be a cause.
    Field strip, clean, properly lube, and try again.
    Enjoy.

5. Thanks for the replies.

No. I didn't clean it after I bought it. Bought it Monday 2/1 and fired it 110 times. Went back Tuesday and shot another 100. I'm going to clean it tonight and go back tomorrow.

I am trying to be more aware of "Limp Wristing" but it still did it. I haven't had this frequent of a problem in my 30 years of shooting. This is however my 1st Glock and I think from what it sounds like the Gen 4 is a little more sensative to "Limp Wristing" due to the double spring.

Next time I shoot if it happens again the dealer offered to grab a couple of boxes and shoot it and use all 3 magazines. I'm going to mark each magazine so if there a problem with one, we'll know.

Thanks again,
    Jason

6. I think I figured it out

When I took it apart to clean it, the spring was not completly set all the way in. Must have been when they gave me a quick display on how the Glock strips down he didn't properly seat the spring.

Thanks again,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadAllis View Post
    When I took it apart to clean it, the spring was not completly set all the way in. Must have been when they gave me a quick display on how the Glock strips down he didn't properly seat the spring.

Thanks again,
    Jason
    That would be a problem. Hope that takes care of the issue. Once you've got the gun properly reassembled, don't forget to do a "function check".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

8. Unhappy

Well the gun jammed again, but not as frequently. Only jammed 1 time in 150 rounds fired. I went to clean it again tonight and the spring was crooked and not even close to being seated in the groove. I also notice some excessing barrel rub from the spring being out of the groove and some denting around the washer like piece where the spring seats into the barrel. I put it back into place and re assembled the gun and slide the action back and fourth a few times and stripped it again and the spring was out of place again. I did this a few more times with the same results. I'm taking it back to the dealer to see what they say about it. They were made aware of my jamming issues from the day that I bought it 1 1/2 weeks ago and 450 rounds.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how the dealer should deal with this? They are a very reputable dealer and I think one of the largest Glock dealers in Michigan.

Jason

CEASE FIRE!
    It's broke.
    Return to dealer.

10. Well my nice new 11 day old G22 Gen 4 is at the dealer waiting for a response from Glock advising them on how to proceed. They said Glock will probably have them send it in to be checked out and repaired or they may possible tell the dealer to exchange it. I'm frustrated and convinced that this is just a isolated case. It's my 1st Glock and I bought based on reviews and reliability and hoping to never deal with this kind of problem. I am glad to find out and have fixed now rather that finding out when my life or my families life is on the line. I'll keep you all posted.

Best regards,
    Jason

Never had my G22 jam ever!

-Doc

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast