Glock 17 and lead

Thread: Glock 17 and lead

Glock 17 and lead

I was at the range today and a fellow member was showing me his new Glock 17.

I was thinking of getting one along with a 22 conversion kit. He told me he had to purchase a third-party barrel because lead bullets should not be used with the glock standard barrel.

Is that true? Would I need to shell out another $100 or so for a third-party barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I was at the range today and a fellow member was showing me his new Glock 17.

I was thinking of getting one along with a 22 conversion kit. He told me he had to purchase a third-party barrel because lead bullets should not be used with the glock standard barrel.

Is that true? Would I need to shell out another $100 or so for a third-party barrel?

The rifiling of the Glock barrel isn't designed for shooting lead bullets. Failure to comply with the manufacturer's directions can result in serious injury or death. I personally witnessed a Glock 20 blow up due to excessive lead fouling in the barrel.

Personally, I would recommend using the type of ammo recommended by the manufacturer and follow the information provided in the owner's manual.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

read your Glock Manual.

Check out this link:
    http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html

Get the Glock 17C, it rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    The rifiling of the Glock barrel isn't designed for shooting lead bullets. Failure to comply with the manufacturer's directions can result in serious injury or death. I personally witnessed a Glock 20 blow up due to excessive lead fouling in the barrel.

Personally, I would recommend using the type of ammo recommended by the manufacturer and follow the information provided in the owner's manual.

gf
    can only use lead wadcutters at the indoor range at the club