S&W Sigma SW40VE 1st range trip - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W Sigma SW40VE 1st range trip

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    I held it still on a rest and it was dead center if i lined the sights up even at 10 yards, but the trigger pull doesn't break clean enough to shoot it that accurate at first.

Hope to get used to it so i can keep it more steady. I have felt a lot smoother triggers, but if i have to i will do the spring swap and just never carry it +1
    Find out from the dealer if he knows of a gunsmith who does trigger work. Chances are he will know of at least one or 2. It may cost a few extra bucks, but it will make the trigger feel better and will make it a better carry piece.
    I assume (yes I know what happens when you do that) you bought it to carry? Ask around and listen to the names. If you hear 3 or more people mention the same person then chances are he has done some good work.

I read the procedures and talked to a few guys who had done the trigger rework on the M&P. In MA they come with a 10 + lb pull and the break was not clean at all...

I decided to dig in and take it apart. 4 steps and some time later, I now have a trigger pull at 6 lbs with a short reset and a feel that I like. I ran all the functional tests and put another 150 rounds through it after the rework with no issues. I carry with one in the chamber and feel good about it.

Food for thought. Just make sure you like it before you make adjustments. No sin to say "not for me" if it's the truth..

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I don't like the trigger but i only fired 100 rounds i might get used to it.

I practice dry firing with my snap caps, but its still something i would like to lighten. I will have to ask around about gunsmiths.

4. You didn't give any details on the FTE, but I'll guess it was because the magazine follower (or next round) wasn't there to give a little vertical kick to the case that was being ejected. Ever notice that with auto-pistols that will eject brass into a neat pile that there is always one case that lands well outside that pile? That will be the last one. Doesn't have a round in the magazine to give it that extra kick. With no magazine, well, FTE....
    If you change anything, you've changed everything...

What details did i miss on the FTE?

It was the last round already chambered and there was no magazine when i fired the round. It got stuck in the ejection port in the same position as it was in the chamber. The front was facing the front of the gun and the primer was facing in the same position as it would have been in the chamber. It was basically sideways in the ejection port.

So it was stuck in the ejection port with the force of the slide holding it from coming out all the way.

Can't find a gunsmith in the area. I guess if i want to do this i will probably tackle it myself. I found this link.

Sigma Trigger Fix - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

and i also found the spring to lighten the striker spring from 4.75 to 3.5

Springs for SMITH & WESSON SIGMA CURRENT 4 INCH SERIES PISTOLS Semi-Auto Pistols

7. I'll stick with my guess that the fact there was no magazine was the root cause of the failure to eject, that plus the fact that your hands were nearly numb from the cold you may have not had a proper grip which did not give the gun enough support to recoil against (think limp wrist).
    If you change anything, you've changed everything...

I will keep an eye on it from now on. Not having a magazine in there was my first guess since it was the only time it did it. When i get my 2 free magazines in the mail i will be firing a lot more rounds through it.

Just purchesed mine yesterday my dealer sold it to me with high praise been practicing field stripping and learning all the parts. I like the weight and the trigger pull isent that bad for someone with a strong grip. can't wait to hit the range this weekend and REALLY get to know my weapon.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJackBauer2 View Post
    Just purchesed mine yesterday my dealer sold it to me with high praise been practicing field stripping and learning all the parts. I like the weight and the trigger pull isent that bad for someone with a strong grip. can't wait to hit the range this weekend and REALLY get to know my weapon.
    I had one in .40, and it was a good shooter. I think Smith and Wesson changed the style a bit on the Sigma for 2011 year. At least my buyers guide shows what looks kinda like the Sigma, but with a face lift and a different name. Good luck with the pistol, I'm sure it will work good for you.

I find my Sigma to be as accurate as i can pull the trigger and the heavy trigger pull is great for me because i love to carry +1 and never have to worry about it with that double action revoler like feel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast