What do you want/need?..... opinions needed!....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you want/need?..... opinions needed!....

1. What do you want/need?..... opinions needed!....

I've been givin a kind of assignment and I'm turning to you guys for your opinions... in a kind of brainstorming kinda thread....

What would you like to see offered by your local Gun Shop that they don't offer already?
    ...and/or...
    What kind of services does your favorite gun shop offer that you haven't seen at any other shops around?

and any other service ideas that you think would help in boosting business?

Thanks in advance!
    "Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori.

Customer service is key. Getting valid answers to questions and getting good advice and real working knowledge is important. I keep going back to the same places for those reasons.

My local dealer and his wife both know me by name and I like that. They have great deals and will be price competitive if I come to them with a better price.

Having gear there to try and test is a plus. I know from experience that it's costly to have every type of gadget on hand so that's not the most important, but still ranks in the top 10...

I'll give this more thought... Good Luck...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

4. Thanks! Keep the ideas coming!

5. I'd like to see of course more products; accessories, ammo, guns of all kinds (but that goes without saying), Basic gunsmith classes for the beginners, IDPA, IPSC & USPSA training sessions, self defense scenario lessons, maybe an outreach and education classes for children and parents together and promoting the NRA in a family atmosphere, Question & answer sessions with local, state, and National representatives, an intranet keyosk for customers to surf the shop's website for orders/ideas to free up some of the staff for face to face service.

Higher demand should equal lower prices, NOT higher.

I personally think we've all been getting ripped off by the manufacturers and many of the retailers.

A really good gunsmith. It seems to me that finding a quality gunsmith is getting harder and harder.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    A really good gunsmith. It seems to me that finding a quality gunsmith is getting harder and harder.
    Good usually comes with a high price when you do find one. I got the quotes for the trigger work for my M&P and decided to take on the risk and do it myself. I managed to do a very good job for no added cost other than my time.

Prices are getting out of hand in some cases. Gun sales have been on the increase.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

My local dealer and his wife both know me by name and I like that
    +1

Also something that the local shop does here, is about once every couple of months the people from the shop team up with the local PD and they put on a general firearms safety class. During the morning they go over different types of weapons, general familiarization, safety, handling... Then they provide lunch. After lunch, they take the students to the range, and let them test out a bunch of different weapons. All the while being watched by coaches, who give them pointers and help them overcome any fears...

Oh and did I mention this was all FREE!!

Exclamation 1 thing...humility

I have been in a lot of shops where the staff/owners were arrogant towards customers who knew nearly zip about guns and as a result lost a sale. I would like to see some humility towards the housewife who wants to get her first peashooter or the guy who just turned 21 and grew up in a gun free house but wants to learn and to experience the gun culture of America!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I'm a very short female & there is NO WAY I can go the range alone! The clips you hang your target are to high for us short people! I don't think it would be smart or safe to use a chair to climb on to put it up.(Always a chance of a fall) Asking other in there is not right either.They came to shoot not be bugged by another for help!
    Plus I've see frist hand how hard it is for someone in a Wheel Chair try to go in to shoot also! Most don't want to bother others so they need a friend to tag along!
    This worrys me because I'm on crutches from time to time. Who knows I could be in a wheel chair some day.
    I enjoy shooting & love going with my hubby but it would be nice some time to go alone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast