More Anti-gun BS from cnn!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Anti-gun BS from cnn!

Exclamation More Anti-gun BS from cnn!

FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I couldn't watch it all. I saw where they were going! I agree...what a crock!!!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I couldn't get through the entire thing either. What a load of crap! Trying to tell us that only 37% of the public own guns!
    Jeff
    NRA GOLDEN EAGLES / LIFE MEMBER
    "They can have my guns, one round at a time . . ."

New CNN poll

They just posted a poll asking if you own a gun.
    CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Do you own a gun?
    Read Related Articles
    This is not a scientific poll
    No 63% 35306
    Yes 37% 20829

Actually I thought the nyquil commercial with the naked hairy guy was worst then the report. If that commercial comes up when you view the video stop it immediately.

Straw purchases are crimes. They happen under even the strictest gun laws.

Depriving law abiding citizens of a commodity (be it liquor, prescription drugs, cars, or guns) because criminals will obtain or use those commodities is inane.

But, I thought the report was focused on how criminals obtain guns. Does anyone want criminals to be able to obtain guns?

The trick is finding a way to reduce the availability of guns for criminals while not inhibiting the ability of a qualified law abiding citizen to obtain guns. There is no easy answer because every law that makes it more difficult for criminals to obtain guns also makes it more difficult for qualified law abiding citizens to obtain guns.

Thumbs down

Whatever...
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Does anyone want criminals to be able to obtain guns?
    No, I want criminals behind bars.
    There is no easy answer because every law that makes it more difficult for criminals to obtain guns also makes it more difficult for qualified law abiding citizens to obtain guns.
    Actually, it seems rather easy to me... Keep violent criminals behind bars until you believe they are no longer a threat to society. When you release them, restore their rights. If don't trust an ex-con with a gun, don't release him in the first place.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    No, I want criminals behind bars.Actually, it seems rather easy to me... Keep violent criminals behind bars until you believe they are no longer a threat to society. When you release them, restore their rights. If don't trust an ex-con with a gun, don't release him in the first place.
    I was focusing on the real world. the one in which all the criminals are not behind bars.

Where do they get the stats? Do they just pull them out of their....? Well never mind.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

The Constitution is pretty clear. There are no illegal guns - just illegal gun laws. Funny, the northeast folks that want the southern states to tighten their gun laws don't want us to be able to tighten up abortion laws. Which kills more innocent people?
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast