Homeland Security Weapons Up For Grabs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homeland Security Weapons Up For Grabs

Homeland Security Weapons Up For Grabs

Here's a cute little tidbit in USA Today that I ran across:

The nation's Homeland Security officers lost nearly 200 guns in bowling alleys, public restrooms, unlocked cars and other unsecure areas, with some ending up in the hands of felons. The problem, outlined in a new federal report, has prompted disciplinary actions and extra training.
    Most of the misplaced weapons — including handguns, shotguns and military rifles — were never found. "Most losses occurred because officers did not properly secure firearms," says the Homeland Security inspector general report.

At least 15 of the guns ended up in the hands of gang members, criminals, drug users and teenagers, inspector general Richard Skinner found.

As long as they're gonna leave **** lying around, I wonder if we can put in requests for some weapons and materiel?

Sounds like I need to go bowling more!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

4. I'll go bowling, right after my one day training for the census (want to collect my $300).

I feel safer with Homeland Insecurity watching over us, how about you?

Unhappy WoW!!

WoW! and who is suppose to be PROTECTING the Citizens of our Nation?:c

6. Angry

That's incredible. There's some of our hard earned tax dollars at work hiring incompetant individuals to make us feel safer. They should be fired and have to pay reparitions back to the agency from their unemployement check. I don't usually get into a rant, but these people shouldn't have been carrying weapons in the fisrt place.

Jason
    Jason
    Michigan

Highly trained professionals, I presume...
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by xmanwriter1 View Post
    WoW! and who is suppose to be PROTECTING the Citizens of our Nation?:c
    The citizens.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

This reminds me of the other thread about what to do with your firearm if you have to go to a public restroom. Well, for one if you take it out of the holster, pocket or whatever then DON'T FORGET IT.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

I can't help from wondering.... how you can loose your weapon in the restroom ?

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Highly trained professionals, I presume...

Conspiracy theory. If they made the country too safe they would have put their jobs in jeopardy. "If I was to like whoops leave my gun here in the bathroom at the train station or at the bowling alley perhaps a criminal would get it". "Yea, they would never suspect that it was intentional sabotage, just a simple mistake".

Yea I know reaching for sh!t...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast