NRA Instructor Shoots Student - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NRA Instructor Shoots Student

1. Quote Originally Posted by micpl View Post
    I wont own a Glock. Never. It has to lead in ND's by a large margin. And by those who are supposed to know how to handle guns. It has a inherent flaw and the ND,s are the fruit of it.
    Blaming the gun for the human operator's actions.... where have I heard that before?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by buckslayer View Post
    I am pretty sure it's been said somewhere in the many posts before mine, BUT...

In my classes, my firearms are the only ones allowed in the classroom. Range is different. My firearms are locked open without a mag inserted, and EVERYONE who walks into the classroom has to walk by them, look inside them, and make sure both the guns, as well as the mags are empty.

I know that sounds like a hassle and more work, but I'd rather take the extra 2 minutes to ensure safety, than to see someone get hurt or killed.
    The class I went to the instructor met us each at the door and we had to show clear. Any loaded magazines got left on the table in the entry way.

But about 3/4 of the way in to the class he found out that one of the guys who was auditing w/ his wife had a loaded revolver in a shoulder holster. I don't remember him asking the guy to leave though.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

4. Isn't the reason that some Floridians oppose Constitutional Carry is because if untrained people carried guns they would accidentally shoot each other?

I am not a Floridian, BTW.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

It's a shame, but the Instructor forgot the three rules of handling a gun. It's loaded, it's loaded, it's loaded. Until YOU ensure it's CLEAR, it's Loaded.

Sorry to see the Orlando Slantnel ran the story. NOTHING BUT Libs and flamers working there.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The class I went to the instructor met us each at the door and we had to show clear. Any loaded magazines got left on the table in the entry way.

But about 3/4 of the way in to the class he found out that one of the guys who was auditing w/ his wife had a loaded revolver in a shoulder holster. I don't remember him asking the guy to leave though.

In the NRA classes that I teach, I cannot have a loaded firearm in the classroom, therefore NOBODY can have a loaded firearm in the classroom. I don't care who you are, LEO included. I've asked many LEO to "unload, clear and store" their firearms or leave the classroom. I had one guy get into a hissy, going on and on about how he's qualified, etc. I brought up the video of "Lee Paige" (former DEA Agent who shot himself in the foot during a presentation at a school). The guy still refused to comply. Luckily, there was a captain from the same department attending the class with his son. He came up, identified himself as a captain, then had a chat with the opinionated officer. A few minutes later, the guy apologized for being an azz, cleared and stored his firearm as requested, then the class was under way.

Of the many classes I have conducted, only 2 have had major disruptions due to folks insisting that they should be allowed to break the rules.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Isn't the reason that some Floridians oppose Constitutional Carry is because if untrained people carried guns they would accidentally shoot each other?

Not my reason. If untrained people shoot untrained people that cleans out the STUPID gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Isn't the reason that some Floridians oppose Constitutional Carry is because if untrained people carried guns they would accidentally shoot each other?

And I am not opposed to Constitutional Carry BTW.

Buckslayer- I'm thinking about going back to that, too. Another instructor told me that I was too 'paranoid' about safety, so I relaxed a bit. I'm glad someone other than me does that. I feel better. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    Buckslayer- I'm thinking about going back to that, too. Another instructor told me that I was too 'paranoid' about safety, so I relaxed a bit. I'm glad someone other than me does that. I feel better. Thx
    There is no reason for there to be ammuntion in the training area under any circumstance
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    It's a shame, but the Instructor forgot the three rules of handling a gun. It's loaded, it's loaded, it's loaded. Until YOU ensure it's CLEAR, it's Loaded.
    Not quite. Even after I've personally ensured that it's clear...

... it is STILL loaded.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast