NRA Instructor Shoots Student - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: NRA Instructor Shoots Student

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The class I went to the instructor met us each at the door and we had to show clear. Any loaded magazines got left on the table in the entry way.
    But about 3/4 of the way in to the class he found out that one of the guys who was auditing w/ his wife had a loaded revolver in a shoulder holster. I don't remember him asking the guy to leave though.
    Here is the one problem with having them clear their firearm while there. While on active duty I have seen a LOT of people over the years have a negligent discharge while clearing their guns, and that can still put a lot of people’s lives at stake. For that reason alone, if they show up with one loaded, they are asked to leave. When people sign up for my classes I make sure they understand that these are my rules, and I explain why. I would much rather have an unsafe or unruly person find himself another instructor than be the one responsible for giving him/her their permit.
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17
    Lord in Heaven - what has happened to the people of this country?
    Is NO ONE taking responsibility for their actions any more?
    When a DEA agent tries to sue for defamation of character - or whatever - I know that this country is going to hell in a hand basket.
    Here's a message for that agent - don't let your mouth overload your ass!!!
    In other words - you embarrassed yourself. And I truly hope the jury in your case literally laughs you out of court. You're a disgrace to your profession. Grow a set of cajones will ya? Ya' screwed up. If you'd have owned up, maybe you could have defused the situation.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Carolina, Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    156
    First I will agree that Glocks have the most ND incidents. This is probably because there are more Glocks than any other gun around.

    No matter who you are you are responsible for your firearm. While the incidents with Glocks are higher so are the incidents with stupid people.

    I don't care but have never understood that silly little safety on the Glock trigger.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    St. Louis/Missouri
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    First I will agree that Glocks have the most ND incidents. This is probably because there are more Glocks than any other gun around.

    No matter who you are you are responsible for your firearm. While the incidents with Glocks are higher so are the incidents with stupid people.

    I don't care but have never understood that silly little safety on the Glock trigger.
    The only safety you should count on is your trigger finger. Keep it out of the trigger guard until you are ready to pull the trigger. IMAO.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

  6. #45

    Thumbs up Glock is #1 for safety.

    Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    First I will agree that Glocks have the most ND incidents... ...I don't care but have never understood that silly little safety on the Glock trigger.
    The three rules of Glock safety,
    1- Unless you are ready to shoot, keep your finger off the trigger.
    2- Unless you are ready to shoot, keep your darn finger off the trigger.
    3- Unless you are ready to shoot, keep your darn finger off the darn trigger.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado / Colorado
    Posts
    246

    Amen, Brother

    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    The three rules of Glock safety,
    1- Unless you are ready to shoot, keep your finger off the trigger.
    2- Unless you are ready to shoot, keep your darn finger off the trigger.
    3- Unless you are ready to shoot, keep your darn finger off the darn trigger.
    Yeah, it's amazing to me how sloppy people get. Cops and instructors are among the worst, I hate to say....If only Murphy's Law could be repealed....

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado / Colorado
    Posts
    246

    Crazy waste of time

    Quote Originally Posted by spooky_t View Post
    Lord in Heaven - what has happened to the people of this country?
    Is NO ONE taking responsibility for their actions any more?
    When a DEA agent tries to sue for defamation of character - or whatever - I know that this country is going to hell in a hand basket.
    Here's a message for that agent - don't let your mouth overload your ass!!!
    In other words - you embarrassed yourself. And I truly hope the jury in your case literally laughs you out of court. You're a disgrace to your profession. Grow a set of cajones will ya? Ya' screwed up. If you'd have owned up, maybe you could have defused the situation.
    Agreed.
    I wish the People could sue someone for being dumb as a rock....I won't handle any gun EVER unless someone does a 'show clear'. He can't blame anyone but himself.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Guns don't "go off" and there's no such thing as an accidental discharge. There is only negligence. Instructors must not allow ammunition in any classroom... NRA rule.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Then you'll want to stay away from XD's, M&P's, and any other's that use the same style firing controls and safeties.
    The XD system is not the same as Glock "has grip safety".
    Ruger LCP and Springfield XD-9 subcompact

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Guns don't "go off" and there's no such thing as an accidental discharge. There is only negligence. Instructors must not allow ammunition in any classroom... NRA rule.
    I've witnessed two "accidental discharges" in my nearly 20 years of experience with firearms. The first was while I was a young private in basic training. I rotated the selector switch from "safe" to "semi" and the M-16 fired. My drill sergeant was watching my hands and verified that my finger was nowhere near the trigger (would have screamed at me a lot more had it been). When they tore down my rifle, the armorer discovered a small white pebble had lodged in the trigger group, which caused the AD.

    The second AD I witnessed was with a guy on the shooting range who was showing us how the "decocker" worked on his Sig P226. I was watching his hands as this guy was somewhat of a "Mall Ninja" and he had a history of "negligent discharges". His finger was off the trigger when he hit the decocker and the pistol fired.

    Accidental discharges are EXTREMELY RARE, but do happen on occasion. Observe the 3 basic NRA safety rules and WHEN a AD or ND happens, nobody will get hurt.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The NRA Continues To Compromise On The Second Amendment
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 04:02 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 11:25 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 03:50 AM
  4. Thoughts on gun control
    By magicman007 in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 11:22 PM
  5. U. gun policy: Student whose roommate has gun permit may ask for a reassignment
    By lukem in forum Utah Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 10:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast