My wife finally did it....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wife finally did it....

1. Talking My wife finally did it....

she took and passed her concealed carry class today! Now all we have to do is pay the sheriff his $100 next week and wait on the background check and she's set. Luckily, our county is pretty quick (mine only took 1 week to be approved) so we shouldn't have to wait too long. Anyone have any great ideas for holsters for the ladies? We've been looking at the Cornered Cat website recently. She was leaning towards an ankle holster, but I let her try one of my cheap Galco clip-on IWB's and she was pretty impressed with how comfortable it was, so she may go that route. By the way, she'll be carrying a Taurus 85 snubby (and she's a pretty good shot with it too...she can outshoot me).
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

Big congratulations to the Mrs. Remember my advice about the ankle holster. I like my Fobus, but drawing my firearm and trying to return fire while standing on one leg isn't the easiest task. :( Be sure to get a lot of practice (use a blue gun if possible) and be sure that she's comfortable.

Maybe we'll see "Mrs.2075RAMI4ME" posting shortly. ;)

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

echo_5 Guest

Thumbs up

outstanding! And tell your Mrs., "welcome to the club". It would be easier to recommend a holster if we knew her usual mode of dress.

Quote Originally Posted by 2075RAMI4ME View Post
    she took and passed her concealed carry class today! Now all we have to do is pay the sheriff his $100 next week and wait on the background check and she's set. Luckily, our county is pretty quick (mine only took 1 week to be approved) so we shouldn't have to wait too long. Anyone have any great ideas for holsters for the ladies? We've been looking at the Cornered Cat website recently. She was leaning towards an ankle holster, but I let her try one of my cheap Galco clip-on IWB's and she was pretty impressed with how comfortable it was, so she may go that route. By the way, she'll be carrying a Taurus 85 snubby (and she's a pretty good shot with it too...she can outshoot me).
    Congratulations to the Mrs. let me know how the first run to Wally World goes.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Congratulations to your wife. My wife has a Don Hume iwb holster. It is very nice for the price. She has a Taurus 85 also. However, be careful, as soon as she got it she wanted an auto. So now she also has an XD9 subcompact. She's cutting into my gun money. :D
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

congratulations to your wife also, tucker IWB are very nice, I have a galco OWB nice also, can she pocket carry it or in purse, then a pocket holster might be best.:)
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

Congrats! Must be nice! My wife is not interested at all...as for the ankle holster, seems to me that it would be really hard to run away if you had to with one strapped on...any thoughts on that?
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

First make sure she is wearing long pants. My wife has a coranodo purse and a drawer full of holsters for all her clothing needs.

CONGRATS to the MRS. we need more women in our ranks. My wife is great about guns. She feels naked if i'm not carrying.

11. Thanks, all. I'll pass along the congrats. As far as the usual dress...she mostly wears jeans and a semi-snug fitting shirt (long sleeve T's in the winter and short sleeve in the summer). She does wear the occasional button up shirt and jeans and a button up shirt or sweater and skirt for work (1 or 2 evenings a week). Most of her stuff is somewhat snug fitting (but not the 3 sizes too small snug fit), but I was surprised that even in a pair of her tighter jeans, she had enough room about 4:30 or 5:00 for a cheap Galco IWB with her Taurus. She has been looking at some of the purses, but we have 2 little RAMI's (ages 1 and 3) and we still end up carrying a diaper bag most places we go, so an extra bag might be a little much. Anyway, I appreciate the comments. I guess that's part of the "fun" of concealed carry...trying out all the different holsters until you find just the perfect one ;).
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast