Recent Bannings - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Recent Bannings

JSDinTexas Guest

Reread my post

I reread my post on this thread when I was very new to the site and it seemed a little harsh so I wanted to try again.

I consider belonging to this forum a privilege. I have picked up a lot of good info on many things that are part of carrying a concealed weapon, not to mention info that may save my life some day.

I welcome other opinions, whether they are in agreement with my opinions or not because it exposes me to thinking I may not have considered.

I do my best to never personally attack anyone on this site (or any other site I visit) simply because they may have a different viewpoint than mine (that's a hard one occasionaly).

I do my best to follow what I have just said because I want a pleasant, informative experience and want those who read my posts to have the same.

That's pretty much it - and thanks Luke for this privilege.

wolfhunter Guest

Thumbs up

I've been here since the site started and have nothing but praise for the job Luke is doing.
    Moderating the Forums
    Updating the Resources
    Advertising USACarry
    Gaining Sponsors

People who engage in flame wars, or otherwise violate the Forum rules show their disrespect.

Thank you, LukeM.

Lukem - This a fantastic site, I enjoy logging on daily and lending my 2 cents worth. Everyone appreciates your efforts. (I still say Glocks are ugly guns, and have been given a false rep by those who own one).
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

5. I am not on the site very often but when I do visit I respect your site just as if I was a guest in your home.
    You have some very experienced firearm posters and I get some very good answers and support.
    Keep up the great work Lukem

Thanx
    Doug

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    Lukem - This a fantastic site, I enjoy logging on daily and lending my 2 cents worth. Everyone appreciates your efforts. (I still say Glocks are ugly guns, and have been given a false rep by those who own one).
    Glocks are definently ugly - ugly perfection

Sorry, my Glock made me say that.

Contacting a sponsor? Unbelievable! ‘Where’s my coat, it was suede with the fringe’…
    Anyway, I really like this site as it has some features that other cookie-cutting gun forums don’t have. Keep up the good work.
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Wow, I didn't realize this thread had so many posts. Thanks for all the support guys. I don't need any more moderators just yet. Myself and amddude usually are able to handle things pretty quickly. Even those of you that aren't official moderator, thanks for sending me all the bad/spam posts. Those alerts allow me to quickly take care off things when I don't realize they are posted.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Luke, I contacted you a couple of weeks ago, concerning the way my wife was treated by another member, the subject was what we were told in CCW class, the exact details are not important, and I did tell her what you said about alerting you to these posts, before we did that I looked at them first, as I thought my wife qouted word for word exactly what we were told in class, and in this other members class I geuss he was not told the same thing, and as I thought it was a he said she said thing, and I admit shes a little touchy but that still no excuse for another member telling her she dont know what shes talking about, and she should stay in the kitchen instead of worrying about a gun, I have come to find out that a lot of what the CCW instuctors say in class IS NOT LAW its just what they think should be said and done in differant situations

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Luke, I contacted you a couple of weeks ago, concerning the way my wife was treated by another member, the subject was what we were told in CCW class, the exact details are not important, and I did tell her what you said about alerting you to these posts, before we did that I looked at them first, as I thought my wife qouted word for word exactly what we were told in class, and in this other members class I geuss he was not told the same thing, and as I thought it was a he said she said thing, and I admit shes a little touchy but that still no excuse for another member telling her she dont know what shes talking about, and she should stay in the kitchen instead of worrying about a gun, I have come to find out that a lot of what the CCW instuctors say in class IS NOT LAW its just what they think should be said and done in differant situations
    Teaching styles vary from instructor to instructor. I give a lot of opinions in my classes, but when I do, I ensure that I make it clear that they are my opinion, and not the law. The state of Utah requires instructors to provide their lesson plan to the students. Part of the approved lesson plan will have laws pertaining to the transport, use and storage of firearms. I tell my students to refer to the material provided for the text of the laws. I go a step further and encourage them to hire a lawyer familiar with firearms laws for a legal opinion.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I am thankful for this site and all the time you put into it. It has given me a chance to learn some things that could someday save my life.
    -Austin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast