Recent Bannings
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Bannings

Recent Bannings

Today I've just banned two people from the site that apparently could not get along. As many of you know, I run this website by myself. This is not my full time job and run this site out of my own free time and money. As much as I would like to, I cannot keep up with every single post on the site. Apparently these two kept flaming with each other and sending me emails about each other constantly over the past two weeks. I told them both to cut it out but it seemed to start back up. This time, I apparently didn't review the post quick enough for one of them this past weekend and decided to start sending emails to all of my sponsors. So today I just receive an email from a sponsor asking about this. I'm not taking time out of my regular job hours to deal with this which was to delete the thread in question and ban both users. That's the quickest and easiest way to solve the problem.

For everyone else, if you can't get along with someone then just don't reply to them, please. Can we not have a site where people are arguing and bickering back and forth all the time?

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Sorry it came to that, and thanks for all your hard work!!

What was the title of the thread that got deleted?

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Yup, It's to bad when you have to ban posters. I hope they don't carry as that type of temperament could cause problems. Keep up the good work, Lukem!
    Last edited by MNSteve; 02-24-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Change the wording

My U.S. Army baseball cap, or, is that your hat?

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

7. Well, I'm still hear, so I know it's not me :-)

I disagree with people, but I try to keep focused on the issues, not the personalities. I do not expect eveyone to agree with me, but I hope people will try to understand what I am (often poorly) trying to say and not get caught up in the words.

Sometimes trolls are just poor communicators and do not mean to cause problems, but they still do. We do not have to agree. We do not even have to get along, but we need tol remain as civil as possible.

If anyone ever feels I have attacked them personally, as opposed to challenging their ideas or points, please let me know and I will apologize and try to explain what I meant. I don't know anyone here personally, so I have no interest in starting a fight. If I do know you, you are probably close enough to shoot me, so I really don't want to start a fight :-)

Let us not get caught up in the words, let us search for meaning behind the words, and let percieved offences slide, because they are probably not meant.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    My U.S. Army baseball cap, or, is that your hat?
    Know exactly who you're talking about. Pretty sad when a forum member emails forum sponsors. No reason to sabotoge the site because you don't like what others are saying. Glad we won't be hearing any more from the offending parties.

Keep up the good work Luke!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

JSDinTexas Guest

Name Them

I think you should name them and let them really be embarrassed.

This is a site for discussions around CCW or CHL or concealed whatever, and learning more about it - that's why I signed up. And I would think this would be in general agreement without the need to flame.

Course I don't worry about being flamed too much as mostly they are the stupid types that I can easily deal with.

I agree with the Glock Fan...when you go so far as to hurt everyone else in your frenzy to hurt the one, it's time to go. Sorry to see ANYone banned, but it's better than damaging the site. Good work, Luke...way to stay on top.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Some people won't learn no matter what you say or do. Thanks for keep the forums running smooth, Luke!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast