Can a NY resident go to NJ to shoot in a range/participate in a tournament? Vice vers

Thread: Can a NY resident go to NJ to shoot in a range/participate in a tournament? Vice vers

1. Question Can a NY resident go to NJ to shoot in a range/participate in a tournament? Vice vers

Can a NY resident go to NJ to shoot in a range/participate in a tournament and Vice-versa?

A friend of mine wants to join me in an IDPA competition and a steel challenge meet being held on succeeding days in New Jersey. His concern is that he is a NY state resident, he does not have a CCW but he does have a firearms ID card which allows him to go the range as long as the firearms is kept unloaded and in a secured box.

The question that he has is that, can he bring his gun to NJ to participate in a meet or to practice in a range?

And on that note can I (being a NJ resident) shoot on a gun range in NY state? (not NYC)

First of all - Welcome to the forum from Tampa Bay, Floriduh..

You can go to any state and bring your guns and participate in any lawful shooting event (including shooting at a range), you just need to abide buy the laws of each state you travel through... In most gun unfriendly states you need to unload the gun and have it in a locked box with the ammo held in a separate container.. there are multiple sites you can review the requirements, or call the state police for each state.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

4. Thank you for the info