St. Petersburg man shoots burglary suspect

Thread: St. Petersburg man shoots burglary suspect

St. Petersburg man shoots burglary suspect

Here's a feel good story for the day.

St. Petersburg man shoots burglary suspect - Bay News 9

PINELLAS COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- A St. Petersburg homeowner shot at a man who he said was trying to burglarize his home about 9:30 Wednesday morning.

According to the St. Petersburg Police Department, the homeowner, who asked not to be identified, called police saying a man had tried to enter his south Seminole Boulevard house through a rear window.

He said he fired three or four shots from a 9mm handgun and the suspect fled.

Shortly afterward, 30-year-old Michael Patterson arrived at Bayfront Medical Center with two bullet wounds, one in his hand and one in his upper body.

Police said Patterson was admitted to the hospital and is under guard.

He will be arrested upon his release and will be charged with residential burglary.

The homeowner said Wednesday's incident was the fifth time someone tried to break into his home. He said the burglars come to the front door and knock. If nobody answers they'll walk around back and try to break in.

Police said the homeowner had the right to shoot the suspect and will not be charged.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I watched this story (Play the Video) on the local ch. 11 news (ABC)..
    In the story they cut to a man, sitting at a desk, they did not identify him or his position, but he was wearing a lanyard around his neck that had SPPD stitched into it (St. Pete Police Dept).. He stated:
    "Police NEVER recommends the use of deadly force".. (Then why do THEY carry guns??? They should be like Bobby's in London and carry a night stick!)

Here is the funny part..

Right after this story, they ran another story (play the Video) from Polk county about a 69 year old lady that had her front door kicked in, she was beaten by the BG (broke her nose and gave her a black eye, he kept repeating to her, "If I don't get something from you lady, I'm going to kill you"..

SO, we have a guy who uses deadly force to protect his property and is fine.. We have an elderly lady who does not, and gets the poop kicked and punched out of her.. Hummm..

I think I'll ignore the SPPD persons statement!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    He stated "Police NEVER recommends the use of deadly force"
    That's the lawyers speaking.

I'm sure his mind is screaming "Shoot the bastards so we don't have to!"

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    I watched this story (Play the Video) on the local ch. 11 news (ABC)..
    In the story they cut to a man, sitting at a desk, they did not identify him or his position, but he was wearing a lanyard around his neck that had SPPD stitched into it (St. Pete Police Dept).. He stated:
    "Police NEVER recommends the use of deadly force".. (Then why do THEY carry guns??? They should be like Bobby's in London and carry a night stick!)

Here is the funny part..

Right after this story, they ran another story (play the Video) from Polk county about a 69 year old lady that had her front door kicked in, she was beaten by the BG (broke her nose and gave her a black eye, he kept repeating to her, "If I don't get something from you lady, I'm going to kill you"..

SO, we have a guy who uses deadly force to protect his property and is fine.. We have an elderly lady who does not, and gets the poop kicked and punched out of her.. Hummm..

I think I'll ignore the SPPD persons statement!!!
    I think they are required to make that statement when speaking to the media by order of the president.

We will use them, especially when the BGs come to our homes to try and harm us. No question there..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

score another for an armed good guy:)
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!