Range Report M&P40 Fullsize. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range Report M&P40 Fullsize.

As for the groupings and targets you have displayed in the photos...I see plenty of center of mass hits and even that low shot down in lower abdominal / ball bag region would be a killer....if nothing else the BG would no longer have the reproductive capability to produce any more BG offspring...thereby saving society from having to support said offspring and perhaps saving future, innocent lives. BRAVO!!!!

3. Is accuracy only an issue with the M&P 40? I have carried the M&P9 for two years now and I drive tacks with it. I'm a range master with my agency and one of my worst shooters made marked improvement shooting my M&P9 over our duty weapon (Beretta 92D).

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhand View Post
    Is accuracy only an issue with the M&P 40? I have carried the M&P9 for two years now and I drive tacks with it. I'm a range master with my agency and one of my worst shooters made marked improvement shooting my M&P9 over our duty weapon (Beretta 92D).
    Cant speak for anyone else but for me it was a few things. One being I'M new to handguns and till the day I was at the range I had never shot a 40 cal handgun before. Getting use to the trigger pull I found I would sometimes pulll the gun to the right when I fired. As well as a few other things.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

OK... I looked at the targets and I see some good hits. Some a little off. As long as you can see room for improvement that's what counts. You will get better the more you use it. I have an M&P45 full frame and I do OK with it, but it takes some practice. I'm gonna make a suggestion here that I would like you to try. Next time you go to the range use smaller targets and work at making groups in the small targets. One other thing to try at the range. Take a few 8.5'x11' sheets of paper with no marks on them. Just aim for the center of the paper with no target to focus on and then try and group your shots around your first shot. Try this at a short distance like 5yds and then move it out to 8 and then 10. You will be surprised. Post those targets and see what reaction you get.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I shot one at S&W and had trouble hitting target as planned. Might have been me but didn't come away wanting one.
    My daughter shot her Bf's M&P .40 this past weekend and said she loved it. She thinks it is on par with my Glock 17. (She is a novice to be fair.)
    Chief Engineer >>> This weekend Sig rep was at my range and I got to shoot the "Blackwater" in 9mm. (they are discontinuing the Blackwater, saving fees I guess)
    I believe it is a 229 frame (correct me). The rep told me that gun is being replaced by the "Tac Op" and will come in .40 and not just 9mm. I will check it out again. Pricey but sweet.
    Infidel >> Don't be soo touchy. "Can't we all just get along?"
    I believe the blackwater was orginally a 226 frame. (20 shot 9mm mag) Definately would like to see their new Tac Op in .40

Back from my DH1 course. Final round was the Police Academy qualification fire. Very pleased with the results, good paterns to type of shooting being conducted. My support side single hand shooting needs work, but other than that I was very pleased.

For people that have questions about a weapons accuracy, keep in mind that these are defensive weapons, not target weapons. IMO, the key to a good defensive handgun are two items: 1) Will always hit center of mass when properly drawn and presented and 2) No FTF's that are not operator caused. I believe that S&W M&P as well as Sig and Glock (to name some) meet that criteria.

You will normally find that the same handgun shot by two different people will obtain different results (unless bench mounted). Each individual needs to find the right handgun that works for them.

BE SAFE

You are correct Chief. The Blackwater was a 20 shot mag so it must be (is) a 226.
    Looking forward to the Tac Op in .40. Should be 15 or 16 shot mag.
    Thanks

i have a m&p in .40 and love it. i will add that i have shot better with other guns, but the mp does just fine for me. hoping my new xd sub in 40 will be just as good. only thing i dont like about the mp is the trigger, but it dont bother me enough to have it replaced. im thinking its just my shooting and trigger pull not the gun its self.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    FIVE YARDS.

TEN YARDS.

All and all not bad for the first time back now i just need to work on pulling the grouping closer together. But the most important thing is I had fun. This is just two of my targets I shot more but the rest focused on drawing from the holster and working on reloading times.I should say this now before I get comments on it the ten yard target with shots in and around the head I meant to do it was not missed shots. I was trying to see how good of a group i could get lol and I sucked bad.
    For what it is worth from another M&P40 owner... LOOKS GOOD.... FUN TO PRACTICE AND GET TIGHTER... When the BG hears BANG,,, it gets his attention,,,, shot or not.....

10. any reports on the M&P 40 Compact?
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    any reports on the M&P 40 Compact?
    Yes there are a few kicking around here on the forums. If i remember right one of the KIMBERS posted his tragets after he went to the range. I'm up in the air I may buy a compact have not made up my mind if it's going to be a handgun a shotgun or a Ar-15.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12