BATF seizes 30 toy guns!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BATF seizes 30 toy guns!

BATF seizes 30 toy guns!

This is the most ridiculous story I've read in a while. The BATF claims that these airsoft guns with minimal work could be converted to a machine gun! What a crock of BS!

ATF seizes 30 toy guns, infuriating local business owner - KOINLocal6.com

ATF seizes 30 toy guns, infuriating local business owner

CORNELIUS, Ore. - A local business owner is flabbergasted after a shipment of 30 toy guns for his store was confiscated by ATF agents in Tacoma.

Brad Martin and his son, Ben, sell the Airsoft BB guns from their store in Cornelius where they’ve been in business for seven years.

The Martins said they buy their stock from Taiwan because the merchandise is less expensive. But the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives seized a shipment of 30 in October. That shipment is worth around $12,000 and the ATF is promising to destroy the entire shipment.

Special Agent Kelvin Crenshaw said the toys can be easily retro-fitted into dangerous weapons.

"With minimal work it could be converted to a machine gun," Crenshaw said.

Brad Martin is furious about the loss of money, for sure, but also in what he now thinks as a loss of his time and the use of government agents to seize toy guns.

"All this manpower, all this time, all this taxpayer money, [it is] wasting my time and my profitability,” Martin said. “[Just] to seize 30 toy guns!"

Ben Martin disagrees that the toy guns could ever be considered dangerous.

"To say these are readily convertible to machine guns is absolutely preposterous,” he said. “The round wouldn't go into the firing chamber and even if the firing pin did strike the primer the gun would basically blow up in your face.”

ATF said it also seized the toys because they are missing the blaze orange tips required on all imported toy guns.

The Martins said they've received shipments before from Taiwan that were missing the orange tips and were simply asked by customs agents to drive up to Tacoma and paint the tips orange themselves. They are wondering why it is an issue now.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I propose that we start a fund-raising campaign to buy boatloads of these toy weapons. We'll dump hundreds of thousands of these toy guns on the streets. That way, we can have BATFE chasing these toys all over hell and back with the result that they'll leave the real guns and the rest of us alone, as they'll be too occupied trying to prevent BGs from turning these toys into weapons of mass destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I propose that we start a fund-raising campaign to buy boatloads of these toy weapons. We'll dump hundreds of thousands of these toy guns on the streets. That way, we can have BATFE chasing these toys all over hell and back with the result that they'll leave the real guns and the rest of us alone, as they'll be too occupied trying to prevent BGs from turning these toys into weapons of mass destruction.

Great idea in theory, but some of the "toy guns" are more expensive than the "real" ones.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Great idea in theory, but some of the "toy guns" are more expensive than the "real" ones. gf
    Well, that figures...

I'm at a loss for words.

The BATFE never ceases to amaze me with their stupidity.

Even if you can convert them, they are not manufactured to fire full auto live rounds of anything, caliber wise.

They would blow up in the hands of the user if they ever did try such non-sense. Yeah, that plastic reciever is going to hold up the gas pressure of some live ammo........................Gimme a break ATF. "Jacks booted thugs"

And we thought our guns where safe.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Maybe they will lose them, too.
    Semper Fi

I use to go play airsoft all the time with one of my roommates. Some of the nicer more expensive airsoft guns, such as classic army, were all metal. Even though it had metal receivers and parts they were made to hold up to an electric motor pushing plastic BB's under 400FPS. Lets just say it would be easier to convert an AR15 to full auto then these.

As far as the orange tip, everyone I ever played with had camoed up their guns and painted over the orange tip.

My last question is since technically almost any real gun "COULD" be converted to full auto does that mean they are going to take them all from us???
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Maybe they will lose them, too.
    Hey, maybe that's what they're carrying, now, since they lost the real ones. Fools.

Randy Weavers wife was shot by the feds because they thought the baby she was holding in her arms was a gun. Perhaps they don't know what real guns look like.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

11. "With minimal work it could be converted to a machine gun," Crenshaw said
    So stupid. The machine work and time involved to make one of these, even the metal ones, into a working gun would be several times the cost of just buying a gun. No one in his right mind would invest several thousand dollars to have a piss-poor, unreliable homemade gun.
    BATF with too much time and to much resources to squander.

""With minimal work it could be converted to a machine gun," Crenshaw said"
    Sounds like a line to get all the sheeple to rally behind you and support you. If you can convince them that anyone can walk into the store and buy a toy gun and modify it in a few minutes and have a fully automatic uzi, the gun- grabbing sheeple will support you all the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast