Fully automatic Submachineguns should be reinstated in America - Page 13
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fully automatic Submachineguns should be reinstated in America

1. Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Therein lies the problem. If we begin with a clean slate and then just start applying rules on the basis that they cannot be proven to be ineffective (if you even accept that premise in the first place), that is downright tyrannical. And just because our government has been pissing on the Constitution for decades does not make it OK. Where on earth do you come up with this? Why must the burden of proof lie on those whose natural rights are being violated. And even IF it could be proven that it does work, it is still a violation of our liberty. We are born free people. These rights are inherent and simply can not be removed from us.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadAllis View Post
    I'm all for our rights, and own many guns. I don't think owning a full auto is a right. I think someone who is not properly trained, experianced or trying to use it at the wrong place is dangerous to everyone around them which will cause the rest of use to have to defend our rights to bear arms even more. I know I'll open a can of worms and so be it.

Jason
    You are an idiot.

4. Why the personal attack on Allis? It's a valid point. Even an M-4 on fully automatic is relatively difficult to control without proper training. An M-14 on fully automatic is almost impossible to control. Then you have crew-served weapons, in which a person needs to be knowledgeable about burst control, cook-offs, and barrel changing procedures. Not to mention headspace and timing checks.

I'm all for people having fully-auto capable guns, and the procedure for acquiring one nowadays is definitely too extreme, but I don't think it should be available to just anybody that walks into a gun store. There's a level of proficiency that needs to be met first, which can easily be done in a class.

Would you advocate a person carrying concealed with no class and no training?

5. Aresye
    Alaska has no worry about people carrying concealed without a class(or permit). Nor does Washington, Georgia, or Pennsylvania require classes.This has not caused any sort of skyrocketing problem caused by concealed carry license holders in those states.

As far as I know it is still legal to buy machine guns but you are limited to those already on the civilian market, which has made the prices soar. I also think it's ok to have a bit more regulation on the sale of full-auto firearms. But I'd like to see the prohibition against the manufacture of more for the civilian market lifted. I'd also like to see suppressors de-criminalized. I think it would be a good idea to go back to punishing the actual crimes committed with these devices rather than the mere possession of the devices.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    As far as I know it is still legal to buy machine guns but you are limited to those already on the civilian market, which has made the prices soar. I also think it's ok to have a bit more regulation on the sale of full-auto firearms. But I'd like to see the prohibition against the manufacture of more for the civilian market lifted. I'd also like to see suppressors de-criminalized. I think it would be a good idea to go back to punishing the actual crimes committed with these devices rather than the mere possession of the devices.
    Yes. Thanks to the ATF refusing new registrations of MGs, my SWD M-11 cost $3400 rather than the $100 it cost brand new way back when. The tax stamp was more than the gun.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Lets cross that river when we get to it...

Then we can demand that we audit the DHS and find out WTF they are buying millions of rounds of ammo?
    No think about it .... now it is bang, bang, bang, bang, bang... two minutes later pass the ammo (wheel gun) then would be... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP 20 seconds later please pass me another hundred rounds, now times that by every cowboy at the range... but I have to admit full auto is a hoot, and this would bring the high price of the full autos under control!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

9. Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    That I completely agree with. The whole Class 3 tax stamp process is complete bogus, not to mention the soaring prices of the weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresye View Post
    That I completely agree with. The whole Class 3 tax stamp process is complete bogus, not to mention the soaring prices of the weapons.
    You can thank the asinine Supreme Court interpretation of the commerce clause for that one.

Educate Your Selves...

Does anybody actually think, that anybody can arbitrate when, where & how you can defend your life and that of your friends, family, neighbors, etc?

IF you do, please quit this forum and go join some Obama Lovers forum...

Just what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do you not understand?

IF can you justify the ban of any type/class of weapon, then you can justify the ban of any weapon, including 2x4's, baseball bats, etc...

IF WE THE PEOPLE are not permitted to own any type/class of weapon, how would we ever be able to remove a tyrannical government?
    Moreover, which was the founding fathers reason for protecting the preexisting, fundamental right to keep & bear arms, and in the most unambiguous manner stated said RIGHT "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"...
    You simply cannot, must not attempt to read anymore into it...
    The Unabridged Second Amendment:
    The Unabridged Second Amendment

Before blood starts shooting out of my eyeballs again...

I will ask those that think owning any firearm or weapon is not pivotal to the inherit self-preservation of ones life; against all enemies foreign or domestic, anywhere, anytime, including but not limited to the tyranny of our own government; to please reread the founding documents...

Declaration of Independence,
    Constitution,
    Bill of Rights,
    Federalist Papers,
    Anything by Thomas Jefferson, Tench Coxe, Patrick Henry, George Washington...

Additionally for those that have not read this thread in its entirety or researched this matter on at least this sites various forums...

START HERE:
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...fiscation.html

THEN MOVE ON TO HERE:
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...pen-watch.html

THEN HERE:
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...ree-zones.html

FINALLY HERE:
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...raise-b-s.html

IF after you have read & viewed the content and threads aforesaid in their entirety, if you still feel the same, pack up all your firearms, ammo, weapons and pointed and blunt objects in your home and take them to the local police department and tell them you are ready to acquiesce as a subject of the Messiah in chief and company...

REPEAL THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL USC 18 922(o), AKA: The Hughes Amendment...
    The First De Facto Ban Of An Entire Class/Type Of Weapon By The Federal Government In U.S. History...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast