Fully automatic Submachineguns should be reinstated in America - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fully automatic Submachineguns should be reinstated in America

First they came for the fully automatic weapons but I said nothing because I did not own a fully automatic weapon.
    Next they came for the high capacity magazines but I did not say anything because I did not own any.
    Next they came for the dreaded "assault rifles". Again I owned none so I said nothing.
    Next they came for the semi auto hand guns but I owned only revolvers so I said nothing
    Then they came after my revolvers but there was no one left with guns to say anything.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

3. My main point is this, there may come a time in the not to distant future, where Americans may need Fully automatic assault rilfes and Submachine guns.

So, the American government should not infringe upon this right. Regardless of weather we need a Fully automatic Rifle or submachine gun or not. We may need them at some point in the future this is my main point.

You keep hammers and screwdrivers in your tool box, but you don't use the hammers or the screwdrivers everyday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Educate yourselves...

The 1934 NFA DID NOT BAN ANY FIREARM OR WEAPON FROM PRIVATE OWNERSHIP...
    1934 NFA HEARINGS

IT TAXED THE OWNERSHIP & CLASSIFIED THEM AS LUXURY ITEMS SO TO SPEAK...

1968 GCA BANNED THE IMPORT OF FOREIGN MADE FULL AUTOS...

1986 FOPA, Ronald Reagan & the NRA are to thank for the first de facto gun ban of an entire class of weapon in U.S. History...

Ok folks...

Just what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do you not understand?
    THE UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT:
    The Unabridged Second Amendment

AND after retiring in 2007 after 27 years in the USMC, I can tell you numerous state-side situations for the average citizen to require the ability to fire full auto...
    Everybody forget about Hurricane Katrina, Watts Riots, Rodney King/OJ Riots already?
    After law-abiding citizens were unconstitutionally disarmed by the national guard & state police, gangs of 20-30 individuals were kicking in doors well armed...
    I don't care who you are, a 12 gauge or any semi-auto is not going to be sufficient in at least that scenario...

How about Phoenix being the kidnapping capitol of the Country right now and Mexican gangs doing home invasions in Phoenix and all along the U.S. Mexico border WITH FULL AUTO'S, ROCKET LAUNCHERS, ETC...
    American Citizens are being kidnapped and taken to Mexico from the U.S. IN PHOENIX and elsewhere and held for ransom or sold as slaves...

The inherit principal behind the Second Amendment is that WE THE PEOPLE (common folk) have the unalienable right to defend ourselves using equal or greater force then may be brought against us, from all enemies foreign or domestic anyplace, anytime, including the Tyranny of our own Government...

NOWHERE IN THE SECOND AMENDMENT, THE CONSTITUTION OR THE FOUNDING DOCUMENTS, IS THE FEDERAL, STATE OR GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER MUNICIPALITY GIVEN THE AUTHORITY TO PLACE LIMITS OR CONSTRAIN THE SECOND AMENDMENT, "WE THE PEOPLE" HAVE ALLOWED THEM THESE CONSTITUTIONAL INFRINGEMENTS...

Something we need to cease, desist, and repeal before its too late...

The skinny on Federal Machine Gun Ban - Thank You so-called uber conservative "Ronald Reagan" and the NRA...

And why a pre-1986 M-16 will cost in the rage of 20,000.00 (twenty thousand dollars) vs. the 2,000.00 (or less) for a AR-15 of just about any age...
    Or what a Post-1986 LEO only M-16 will cost today...

Can be found at the following USACARRY Threads...

Moreover, what we need to do to Amend or Repeal the FOPA of May 19th, 1986...

AKA: 18 USC 922(o)...

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...fiscation.html

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...pen-watch.html

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...-criteria.html

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...raise-b-s.html
    And its not the place of the federal government or other bureaucracy to determine what kind of weapon we need or when or where we need it...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

[QUOTE=ConfusedDevilDogSoldier;118616

You are glad that you have to go through things that criminals don't have to? What is a waiting period do, really? Protect the woman that has an estranged and enraged psycho a-hole abusive husband, whose only protection is a piece of paper from a court? News flash, the vast majority of those who will misuse them, are not submitting to waiting periods or background checks. You do not infringe on the rights of the masses, because of the .01%. Cars kill many more people a year here than guns, maybe we should apply waiting periods there too.

[/QUOTE]

I am glad. If a simple process can reduce the number of fire arms getting into the hands of criminals then by all means do it. It may not be 100% effective but if it can save one innocent life then by all means do it. Your scenario's for abusive husbands is outrageous, you realize there are programs out there that provide places for abused women and children to stay. Sitting in your home with a .45 pointed at the door should be the last resort. However if that's the route you want to go then by all means do it, but don't try and convince me that one day you wake up and realize your husband is abusive. Women are aware from the start, well before they get married that the person they "love" is a jerk. And do to some incomprehensible psychological issues they choose to stay with them anyways. So if you've known for 10 years that this guy is insane, you can wait 5 days to get a gun, better yet women should wise up and not put up with men like this from the get go.

One of the things about your car argument is, you do go through a waiting period. Before you can drive a car in this country you need to wait 16 years. Then take a test that shows your general knowledge. Then you have to wait a year until you get your full license, which still (in most states) has restrictions about when, where and who you can drive with. And much like submachine guns you need to jump through hoops if you want to drive the bigger more dangerous vehicles out there, it's called a CDL.

The government hasn't infringed upon anything other than some people's Ego and sense of self-righteousness. Neither of which are protected under the constitution. But if you really want me to play devil's advocate, here's the entire line that someone posted earlier. The first part of it gives it an entire new meaning, which is why he decided to cut it out because it doesn't follow his point of view.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

So if you really want to argue, the State Militia's are the only one's granted the right to keep and bear arms. We're just fortunate enough that we're given some of their rights. I don't believe this, but it is a valid argument.

Before the Second Amendment was established we had-

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

So to protect the citizens of this country the Government has enacted regulations that limit who can own a firearm. And yes what types of firearms are permitted.
    Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPirate View Post
    I am glad. If a simple process can reduce the number of fire arms getting into the hands of criminals then by all means do it. It may not be 100% effective but if it can save one innocent life then by all means do it. Your scenario's for abusive husbands is outrageous, you realize there are programs out there that provide places for abused women and children to stay. Sitting in your home with a .45 pointed at the door should be the last resort. However if that's the route you want to go then by all means do it, but don't try and convince me that one day you wake up and realize your husband is abusive. Women are aware from the start, well before they get married that the person they "love" is a jerk. And do to some incomprehensible psychological issues they choose to stay with them anyways. So if you've known for 10 years that this guy is insane, you can wait 5 days to get a gun, better yet women should wise up and not put up with men like this from the get go.

One of the things about your car argument is, you do go through a waiting period. Before you can drive a car in this country you need to wait 16 years. Then take a test that shows your general knowledge. Then you have to wait a year until you get your full license, which still (in most states) has restrictions about when, where and who you can drive with. And much like submachine guns you need to jump through hoops if you want to drive the bigger more dangerous vehicles out there, it's called a CDL.

The government hasn't infringed upon anything other than some people's Ego and sense of self-righteousness. Neither of which are protected under the constitution. But if you really want me to play devil's advocate, here's the entire line that someone posted earlier. The first part of it gives it an entire new meaning, which is why he decided to cut it out because it doesn't follow his point of view.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

So if you really want to argue, the State Militia's are the only one's granted the right to keep and bear arms. We're just fortunate enough that we're given some of their rights. I don't believe this, but it is a valid argument.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

So to protect the citizens of this country the Government has enacted regulations that limit who can own a firearm. And yes what types of firearms are permitted.
    What is a waiting period do, really? Protect the woman that has an estranged and enraged psycho a-hole abusive husband, whose only protection is a piece of paper from a court?

No it keeps her from getting the protection she needs before that psycho husband kills her.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

When automatic weapons are outlawed only criminals will have automatic weapons. Oh wait...
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    And its not the place of the federal government or other bureaucracy (and I will add, nor anyone on this forum)to determine what kind of weapon we need or when or where we need it...
    DING DING DING!!!This is really the only point that matters.

"Need", accuracy, practicality, ammo waste, etc... ALL irrelevant. If you prefer a semi-auto, or bolt, or pump over a full auto, so be it. It is irrelevant to weather or not a full auto ought to be legal, abundant, and tax free.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

More Guns, Less Crime...

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPirate View Post

Constitutional Republic 101:
    Your Rights Don't Come From Government...

The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government
    By Stewart Rhodes:
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

Again, I ask just what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do you not understand?

Your logic is fundamentally flawed...

WE THE PEOPLE, are the Militia...

Start reading the founding documents, end-to-end, starting with the declaration of Independence, cause you clearly do not have a fundamental grasp of what they were meant to protect...

Driving a car is a privilege, that in no way shape or form is enumerated in the founding documents...
    Therefore, it falls under the Tenth Amendment...

Protecting your life, your families, etc., by any means necessary is a fundamental, pre-existing, unalienable right we were born with; and is further protected by the Second Amendment for U.S. Citizens...

A inherit right Jefferson & others mentioned profusely long before he insisted that it be added to the constitution, via the bill of rights...

You missed the part about preexisting rights...

Of which the Second Amendment was created to protect, not create...

Ask those cops in Oakland California that got killed by the ex-con, one week out of prison whom killed them with a weapon, he could not have bought legally and is on California's prohibited weapons list... not even a off-duty police officer in California could own; how have the most prohibitive firearm laws in the country worked out for them...

Wait you can't THEIR DEAD...

Ask the soldiers at Ft. Hood how that gun-free zone worked out for them?

The majority of all mass murders/shootings in the country of 3 or more people were committed in gun free zones...

Gun/Weapon Control Does Not Reduce Crime...

Any gun/weapon control takes us down the path to total confiscation, as in the history of the world has always been the case...
    American Thinker: More Guns, Less Crime in '09

Back to the subject of this thread...

At the time of the 1st de facto ban on an entire class of weapons by law-abiding U.S. Citizens May 19, 1986 there were two crimes on record committed with legally obtained full-auto machine guns, one was a off-duty police officer...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

10. MightyPirate, I'm saddened by the level of respect shown towards women here.
    The blaming of the victim of murder or domestic assault for having chosen to wait 10 years before getting out of a relationship makes the 5 day waiting period OK? You yourself said, "It may not be 100% effective but if it can save one innocent life then by all means do it." Why make them wait? Why make them go unarmed once they understand the need for personal protection?

The monitoring, oppression, control, psychological abuse, and domineering personalities of abusive spouses can have such profound effects on the other spouse can indeed make escape seem impossible. Yes, some DO have that "woke up one day and decided it was time to leave" moment. For others, that moment only comes when they realise, "He's really going to kill me this time!"

Consider the poor woman in Tacoma, WA recently killed by a psycho stalker ex co-worker. She had a restraining order, but worked in one of those famous gun free zones, a school.
    Initial story with detailed background: 'Kind, loving' teacher killed by college co-worker | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional
    Followup with transcript of 911 call: Paulson's 911 call: 'He's not acting like a normal, average person' | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

I respectfully suggest talking to someone who works as a counselor at one of your aforementioned shelters. Please be open to listening to what they have to say.

Repeal 18 USC 922(o)

Repeal 18 USC 922(o)

The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government
    By Stewart Rhodes (Retired Army Ranger, Yale Educated Attorney & Noted Scholar on the Constitution & Second Amendment and founder of OathKeepers):
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

Alan Keyes on the Second Amendment and gun rights:
    YouTube - Alan Keyes on the Second Amendment and gun rights

Easter Sunday Machine Gun Shoot - 2007:
    YouTube - Easter Sunday Machine Gun Shoot - 2007

...BATF's director at the time, Stephen Higgins, had testified before Congress in 1986 that the misuse of legally-owned fully-automatic firearms was "so minimal as not to be considered a law enforcement problem." Farmer v. Higgins.
    NRA-ILA :: Fully-Automatic Firearms

June 1999 - Two Dozen Laws Can't Prevent Colorado Tragedy
    The Failure of Gun Control Exposed
    -- Two dozen laws can't prevent Colorado tragedy:
    http://gunowners.org/nws9906.htm

Virginia Tech Shooting -- Gun Bans Are The Problem, Not The Solution:
    http://gunowners.org/pr0704.htm

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast