Fully automatic Submachineguns should be reinstated in America - Page 7
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 162

Thread: Fully automatic Submachineguns should be reinstated in America

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    The Declaration of Independence claims you have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happines. I suppose you should be able to purchase heroin at the local pharmacy if that makes you happy?
    Funny you mention that. It wasn't all that long ago that you could do just that. Then of course arose the nanny era where, since we no longer needed to consider the consequences of our actions, common sense and personal responsibility went right out the window.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  2.   
  3. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    To all you guys who wish to qualify the 2A, I challenge you to specifically list the firearms which YOU feel that a citizen has the right to keep/carry. This oughta be fun...
    It usually means that citizens have the right to keep anything that they have. Anything they do not have or want then no one else should have either. i.e If I have a lever action rifle then it should be legal. If I don't then it should be banned. Sounds kind of hypocritical don't it?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    So just to be clear, we are advocating the legal sale of military grade weapons hardware and dangerous drugs, based on the principle of the matter - that basically being the concepts of freedom and non-infringement of inalienable or constitutionally-granted rights?

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    So just to be clear, we are advocating the legal sale of military grade weapons hardware and dangerous drugs, based on the principle of the matter - that basically being the concepts of freedom and non-infringement of inalienable or constitutionally-granted rights?
    Since you answered my question with a question, I'll do the same: How "free" do you think you are if the gov't can take you out with superior weaponry any time it wants?

    To answer your question, I'll err on the side of freedom every time. It may have its warts (like free stupid people doing stupid things), but it beats the alternative hands down, IMHO.

  6. The argument has been made several times that the average citizen does not have the training to safely use fully automatic weapons; therefore, they should be illegal.

    How many negligent injuries and deaths occur every year from semi-automatic handguns? Half the people I see buying guns at Academy I wouldn't trust to handle one loaded around me. Is this a good enough reason to outlaw them? Or to require special, state-required training to own one?

    There is nothing inherently unsafe or dangerous about an automatic weapon. Rather than outlawing them out of fear of what COULD happen, we should punish those who misuse them when things DO happen. This is called personal responsibility, as opposed to nanny legislation.

  7. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    To answer your question, I'll err on the side of freedom every time. It may have its warts (like free stupid people doing stupid things), but it beats the alternative hands down, IMHO.
    Or, to quote Thomas Jefferson : "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  8. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Since you answered my question with a question, I'll do the same: How "free" do you think you are if the gov't can take you out with superior weaponry any time it wants?

    To answer your question, I'll err on the side of freedom every time. It may have its warts (like free stupid people doing stupid things), but it beats the alternative hands down, IMHO.
    With that logic, you won't really be free until you get yourself one of these:


  9. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Or, to quote Thomas Jefferson : "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    Well, ok, you can quote T.J. if mine wasn't good enough... Nice to know I"m in such good company...

  10. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    With that logic, you won't really be free until you get yourself one of these:

    You're right of course, ng, and...hold on...someone's at the door...oh, ****, it's BATFE and they're threatening a nuclear strike on my house unless I turn all my weapons in. Gotta run...

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Since you answered my question with a question.
    I wasn't aware I was responding to you, but in any case, I'd prefer it if you'd just put me back on your ignore list.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. America as the Last Man Standing Against Islam
    By Tea For One in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 02:37 PM
  2. Obama & The Progressives Planned Destruction of America...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
  4. The Communist Takeover of America
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 10:05 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 09:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast