Buzz and Bullets: Gun Fans Cheer Starbucks - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buzz and Bullets: Gun Fans Cheer Starbucks

I'm simply stating, if this gets enough negative press then Starbucks is likely to change their mind. Other stores along with them. The fact that 50 people decided to open carry in "support" of the store and brought the media about doesn't help things.

Store's don't want press like this, especially when shows such as The Colbert Report make their actions out to be negative, and bad for society.
    Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam

3. Starbucks has been in the spotlight for well over a week with heavy pressure from anti-gun groups. They've had tons of media exposure and still they did not cave after today's demonstration. They're asking both sides to stop making it an issue.
    Seems to me that they have a policy and they're sticking to it.

Local(to Starbucks) comments on news sites regarding this whole event have been overwhelmingly positive.
    Starbucks: Leave us out of gun debate | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

Glad to see all the attention on the TV, haven't seen any in the local rag. Anytime Gun Rights are aired in public, it re-enforces our right to carry per the Second Amendment!

Who is John Gault?

At some point all the stores, coffee shops, etc.. will take a side and perhaps make a statement and display how they feel about armed citizens. While I note the signs as I enter, I keep mine concealed. If I'm in a place that displays a NO GUNS sign and I have mine out of sight so be it.. Call it my little revolt. If they have someone at the front door frisking then I'll choose another place. I have to mention that I do not see them all that frequently here in MA.

The subject is getting lots of attention these days. So we need to make sure that we don't put a business that supports our rights in the position that creates tension for them. So I agree with the statement made by nogods, but I also applaud the stance Starbucks has taken with regards to ALL of their customers. Mixed feelings. I guess we (I use we for gun owners) need to make sure we don't make them martyrs.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I HAVE ONLY SEEN ONE SIGN NOT PERMITTING WEAPONS I LIVE IN SOUTHERN N.M. THE SIGN WAS AT A COSTCO IN
    EL PASO TEXAS WHERE I DO MY GROCERY SHOPPING,EVERY 2 MONTHS. THE SIGN WASN'T THERE WHEN I WENT IN I BELIEVE
    IT WAS IN MIDDLE OF NOV. WHEN I WENT IN JAN. THE SIGN WAS NO LONGER POSTED!! DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THERE BUT I WAS GLAD IT WAS GONE,NO OPEN CARRY IN TEXAS, I VERY RARELY OPEN CARRY HERE IN N.M. ONLY IF I NEED
    TO STOP SOMEWHERE COMING BACK FROM A DAY OF SHOOTING, MY SIDEARM STILL STRAPPED TO MY HIP!! I DO KNOW
    IF I DO SEE A SIGN POSTED, I WILL NOT PATRONIZE THEM! AND I WILL LET THEM KNOW THAT!! WE ARE STILL WAITING
    ON A LAW FOR CARRY IN PLACES THAT DISPENSE ALCOHOL, WELL SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH THAT, I DO EXPECT A FEW
    PLACES TO POST SIGNS IF IT GOES THRU!! I THINK WE NEED TO INFORM THE PUBLIC HOW MANY CITIZENS CARRY
    CONCEALED, AND URGE THE PUPLIC TO GET A CONCEALED PERMIT, SOMEONE NOT KNOWING IF YOU ARE PACKING
    AND THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE, IS IN YOUR FAVOR,JUST ASK A BAD GUY!! THEY SEE YOU ARE PACKING U ARE
    THIER FIRST TARGET!!! REMEMBER MOST ARE DESPERATE, DRUGGED , CRAZED, !!! AND BY ALL MEANS ALWAYS BE
    AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS !! AT ALL TIMES , TAKE CARE ALL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post

Ralph Fascitelli of Washington Ceasefire, an advocacy group that seeks to reduce gun violence, said allowing guns in coffeehouses robs residents of "societal sanctuaries."

"People go to Starbucks for an escape, just so they can get peace," Fascitelli said. "But people walk in with open-carry guns and it destroys the tranquility."
    This just demonstrates a great fundamental shift in our society where people are no longer comfortable around firearms. This is bad news for gun supporters because I think we are the minority!
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by GUTHOOK View Post
    I THINK WE NEED TO INFORM THE PUBLIC HOW MANY CITIZENS CARRY
    CONCEALED, AND URGE THE PUPLIC TO GET A CONCEALED PERMIT, SOMEONE NOT KNOWING IF YOU ARE PACKING
    AND THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE, IS IN YOUR FAVOR,JUST ASK A BAD GUY!! THEY SEE YOU ARE PACKING U ARE
    THIER FIRST TARGET!!! REMEMBER MOST ARE DESPERATE, DRUGGED , CRAZED, !!! AND BY ALL MEANS ALWAYS BE
    AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS !! AT ALL TIMES , TAKE CARE ALL!!!
    I am a huge advocate on your right to make your own choices, and I am a big gun supporter. I also support open carry even though I do not personaly carry openly, due to this exact reason.

One major tactical advantage that you have and should never compromise is the element of surprise! Open carry cancels that out.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." -- Mark Twain

I would like to know the stats on people that have been attacked or "Singled Out" because they OC'd and the BG targeted them. I've seen a lot to talk for and against OC, but really haven't seen anyone post any statistics, IF there any to post.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    This just demonstrates a great fundamental shift in our society where people are no longer comfortable around firearms. This is bad news for gun supporters because I think we are the minority!
    There's no fundamental shift in our society where people are no longer comfortable around firearms, the majority of people have never been comfortable around firearms. That is nothing new. Whats new is that the majority of our society today is uncomfortable with anything and everything that reminds them that they don't live in a perfect world where everyone and everything is SAFE. The majority of the worlds population has been, is, and always will be sheep. Sheep are the Dumbest, Stupidest animal on the face of the Earth. Even the Bible compares people to sheep. Gun supporters have always been the minority in any metropolitan area of any country, only in the wilds and rural areas were people comfortable around guns. Whenever there is a war, or any battle to be fought, it is always the minority who come to the defense of the majority, and do the fighting.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I would like to know the stats on people that have been attacked or "Singled Out" because they OC'd and the BG targeted them. I've seen a lot to talk for and against OC, but really haven't seen anyone post any statistics, IF there any to post.

Who is John Galt?
    I'd like to see these statistics too. But, if there aren't any to be found, just ask a BAD GUY. Yea, right.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast