Not allowed to CCW at work..... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Not allowed to CCW at work.....

i'm very fortunate. my boss has never said anything to me, even asked for my assistance once in a situation. he even had me to lead him through the details to obtain ccw for him and his wife. he even bought one of my pistols.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    "Once you are age 45 or older you are protected by a Federal Law that keeps your employer form messing with you as long as your previous work record is without any serious flaws."

I've never heard this one before, where can I find the statute?
    I think the first statement isn't really accurate. If you're over the age of 45, your age is considered a protected class, like your race, gender, etc. This means your boss can't call you in and say "you're getting a bit over the hill, we're gonna let you go and get a younger guy in here." You can still get fired, just not for being old. ;) You could also claim harassment if you're getting harassed about your age, which I don't think is fair since I get harassed at work all the time about how young I am... :D
    Last edited by UTdave; 01-17-2008 at 02:09 AM.

Carry at work...

I was working for two months before I saw one of those signs that said I could not carry. It was posted in the maintenance garage on the bottom of the time clock in board. So, I don't know if that was for everyone or just for the yard help. I am a surveyor and am out in the field most of the time and have come in close proximity of coyotes and wild dogs, who are not friendly at all. Also have to go into some neighborhoods that I would not want to go into unprepared for fight or flight.

By the way, just picked myself up a Sig 556 rifle. Wanted to get one before they get elected and ban the sale of assault like weapons. Don't know who they are yet, but it does not look good for us....
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

A Sig rifle? POST A PICTURE, MAN!
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Sig

Quote Originally Posted by PaulIcemanMc View Post
    I was working for two months before I saw one of those signs that said I could not carry. It was posted in the maintenance garage on the bottom of the time clock in board. So, I don't know if that was for everyone or just for the yard help. I am a surveyor and am out in the field most of the time and have come in close proximity of coyotes and wild dogs, who are not friendly at all. Also have to go into some neighborhoods that I would not want to go into unprepared for fight or flight.

By the way, just picked myself up a Sig 556 rifle. Wanted to get one before they get elected and ban the sale of assault like weapons. Don't know who they are yet, but it does not look good for us....

Let me know how you like it. I have thought about getting one.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

New Sig 556 rifle

For those who wanted me to post a picture, here it is. She is just a plain jane but I plan on dressing her up and takeing her out...

Don't know why I can't upload a picture. If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong would appreciate the help. My avatar is the new Sig....
    Last edited by PaulIcemanMc; 01-17-2008 at 03:17 PM.
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulIcemanMc View Post
    For those who wanted me to post a picture, here it is. She is just a plain jane but I plan on dressing her up and takeing her out...

Don't know why I can't upload a picture. If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong would appreciate the help. My avatar is the new Sig....
    Hit the button that actually says "QUOTE" to reply to the message. When the window pops up where you can actually type, look up where it says "Fonts" "Sizes" "A" and then a smiley face. Click the Paper Clip button. A pop-up window will show up. Hit the "Browse" button to select your picture. Then hit the "UPLOAD" button. The window will close, and type your message as usual. When you send the reply, the picture will pop in the message as a thumbnail.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

10. Good post Red Hat, thanks! ;)

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    Hit the button that actually says "QUOTE" to reply to the message. When the window pops up where you can actually type, look up where it says "Fonts" "Sizes" "A" and then a smiley face. Click the Paper Clip button. A pop-up window will show up. Hit the "Browse" button to select your picture. Then hit the "UPLOAD" button. The window will close, and type your message as usual. When you send the reply, the picture will pop in the message as a thumbnail.
    I did not know this! Thought I'd give it a try! (P.S. The window did not close by itself) Let's see...
    Last edited by Ektarr; 01-18-2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: AHA!! IT WORKS!!!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast