Not allowed to CCW at work..... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Not allowed to CCW at work.....

Glad I am retired, I can't emagine a employer saying you can't have a wepon in your vehical... In this day, snd times no one knows when they will have to defend there life or the life of another person......... I agree with Rampage if I had a boss,, my car is mine, and offlimits to his *****................. Oh I forgot to be politicaly correct
    His/Her *****................. thats better
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Just one of the many reasons I like my home state. Common sense isn't that uncommon in the Bluegrass. I'm on the road all day, in a company van. They're fine with me carrying, too. Only unlawful possession is prohibited.

5. In 1998, Kentucky`s Attorney General determined that state law prohibits employers from prohibiting people from having firearms in their vehicles. Minnesota`s Right-to-Carry law (2003) prohibits employers from prohibiting carry permit holders from having firearms in their vehicles. Laws protecting the right of any lawful possessor of a firearm to have a firearm in a personally-owned vehicle were passed in Oklahoma and Alaska in 2005, and Mississippi in 2006.
    Last edited by teknoid; 01-18-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Can you see my picture now?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulIcemanMc View Post
    For those who wanted me to post a picture, here it is. She is just a plain jane but I plan on dressing her up and takeing her out...

There is a picture_I hope.

Don't know why I can't upload a picture. If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong would appreciate the help. My avatar is the new Sig....
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

Well I work from home luckily so I can carry there, hehe. The guys I work with know I'm into guns so when they come over (2 bedrooms are used for their offices too), they definitely knock, open the door, and say DONT SHOOT!

I really hope I'm never in the situation where I have a job and can't carry while I'm there. My previous job in Las Vegas was a small internet company of maybe 15-20 so there we're any real "policies" especially on bringing firearms in. The people I worked with knew I carried as we were all friends and would hang out. They knew about my site and everything so it was pretty obvious. One day I was outside with the owner and he asked me if I was carrying at the moment. I thought this may turn bad but I said yes I am. He said he was interested in getting his CCW and we starting talking about the guns we have!

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

My boss told me what he dosent know wont hurt him, and he will never ask.
    " I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom"

~Abraham Lincoln~

I would rather die a soldier than die a coward.

I cannot have a firearm or even a bow on the property, working on 20 years with the same employer I can't afford to leave, economy not to hot in MI.:( so leaving wouldn't be a good idea. I just deal with it until i get home. or retire:)
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

8. I was told by my plant mngr that the company has facilities in KY where the state has said they could not ban workers from having firearms in autos said they would continue to do so until they are challenged by the policy. This is a VERY big corp. and have multiple lawyers. By the time someone went through the courts system they would have lost every thing.

Quote Originally Posted by teknoid View Post
    I like my home state. Common sense isn't that uncommon

5. In 1998, Kentucky`s Attorney General determined that state law prohibits employers from prohibiting people from having firearms in their vehicles. Minnesota`s Right-to-Carry law (2003) prohibits employers from prohibiting carry permit holders from having firearms in their vehicles. Laws protecting the right of any lawful possessor of a firearm to have a firearm in a personally-owned vehicle were passed in Oklahoma and Alaska in 2005, and Mississippi in 2006.
    Indeed!!! Now we need that in all the states and not just a few!!

Same problem here. I work for an HVAC company and have to run service calls at night, and not in the best parts of town. Recently had to pull an all nighter in an area not known for it's frendly inhabitants, and I went back and forth over whether to carry or not. I finally came up with:

"I'd rather be unemployed and alive than dead and employed".

You're darned right I strapped it on.

Guns in car at work

Quote Originally Posted by mudslgr View Post
    Got to vent here!! Just got home from work, had to stop to fill up with gas at local station when I was told they were just robbed! If there had not been some snow on the road I would have gotten there earlier and then what?!? My work will net allow me to have any firearms in my vehical.....big surprise! This is realy sad.

P.S. I forgot to mention..... there were 2 State Highway cruisers behind the store when it happened. They still did not know what happened when I pulled in!
    I would carry one in my car anyway. After all it is my car. How are they going to know unless some one tells them. Anyway you can always get another job. Jobs are a lot easyer to replace then life I defy anyone to tell me if its legal that I cant have a gun in my car. Just my .02. Stay safe.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast