Not allowed to CCW at work.....
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not allowed to CCW at work.....

1. Not allowed to CCW at work.....

Got to vent here!! Just got home from work, had to stop to fill up with gas at local station when I was told they were just robbed! If there had not been some snow on the road I would have gotten there earlier and then what?!? My work will net allow me to have any firearms in my vehical.....big surprise! This is realy sad.

P.S. I forgot to mention..... there were 2 State Highway cruisers behind the store when it happened. They still did not know what happened when I pulled in!

Talking Always Remember!

:DWhen seconds count....

Quote Originally Posted by mudslgr View Post
    Got to vent here!! Just got home from work, had to stop to fill up with gas at local station when I was told they were just robbed! If there had not been some snow on the road I would have gotten there earlier and then what?!? My work will net allow me to have any firearms in my vehical.....big surprise! This is realy sad.

P.S. I forgot to mention..... there were 2 State Highway cruisers behind the store when it happened. They still did not know what happened when I pulled in!
    The police may be on a doughnut break!:D
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

4. Is your job worth your life? In my line of work we are expected to lay in on the line and we do but your average Joe Civilian I should not be expected to risk his life over his job. I wonder if your employer, given the recent robbery and the possiblity of an execution style robbery, has considered he may be condeming his employees to death. You might want to start looking for a new line of work.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

My employer doesn't allow it either. I think (not very fond of my employer) they would much prefer I get shot than shoot someone. They would not feel responsible if I got shot. However, if I shot someone trying to kill me they might get sued. Just my opinion.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I'm not "allowed to carry" either, but I do. My company is very gun friendly, and nobody really cares. The policy comes from "on high"...the parent company. I was there for a month when I first started, and I carried there too. Sad thing is, there's no Gunbuster sign at either location. Good luck to those of you who's check comes from places less lenient than mine.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I feel for your predicament. I'm sorry If I had a job that wouldn't allow me to have a weapon in my vehicle I'd do it anyway. I still have to drive to and from work and I'd have one for that. I'd rather be alive and looking for a job than being dead!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Yeah I had an employer that did not allow firearms in the facility, but you could keep it in the car so I would lock, N set the security system on my vehicle then ASAP I would CCW when I entered my vehicle (many times late at night) now this is mostly the "don't ask" rule of many work places.

If the company ever did ask to inspect my vehicle I was prepared to do the "Get a Search warrant" move. Where as they would have had to call a police officer, and I would simply get in my PU and leave for home. By the time they caught up with me I would be in my driveway and on my own legal terms, not there's and since I am fully legal the officer would have nothing to report.

Granted they may try to suspend me for some invented charge, I would have filed (always kept a good lawyer in my speed dial) counter charges of harassment, but then that is what the union if for.
    Once you are age 45 or older you are protected by a Federal Law that keeps your employer form messing with you as long as your previous work record is without any serious flaws.

My employer doesn't allow any fireams on the premisis - not even in the car. As luck would have it, I don't work at the main office, where the facility (and parking garage) is not owned by my employer. So, I cannot carry in the building, but I can secure it in the car. I wish the policy were different, but being owned by a company in Europe, the upper management / HR is brainwashed like most of Europe - guns are bad etc... They say that the reason they don't allow guns on site is in case someone looses their temper, goes to their car, getting their gun, and going crazy - although the only way back into the facility through a set of turnstiles and past the security office... hmmm
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

echo_5 Guest

me too

....also can't carry at work but secure it in the car. Car storage shouldn't be an issue. Can't think of a reason where the company would want or have authority to search.

My boss can't search my car...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast