How do you store your ammo? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you store your ammo?

I store my guns & ammo in a 1000 + lbs. jewelers safe. 100% air tight.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

3. Safe storage

I recently saw were a fellow had taken a old soft drink machine and stripped the racks and compressor out of the insides, after which he build a plywood box to fit inside and then added carpet to the box. He stored both guns and ammo inside and it locks up tight with original key and with it setting in a corner of his garage it is locked and hidden in plain sight. It is protected from the elements, and insluated from the heat and cold and these old machines can be had for very little. Just one more idea to think over.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Looking at Red Hats storage racks now I know why there is an ammo shortage. I think we should all go over to his house for supplies. How many rounds do you think are there Red Hat?
    That's an old photo taken about a year ago. I've since run out of room on it. I tried to count them once but I run out of fingers and toes!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

5. I got a couple thousand rounds of MagTech guardian gold. In a couple wooden ammo crates. Not really secure, but it's all I got to put it in.

So about the PC. Thats probaby the FIRST thing a burglar is gonna steal. Gonna piss him off when he gets it home and finds out he got jipped out of a computer.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate PO View Post
    I recently saw were a fellow had taken a old soft drink machine and stripped the racks and compressor out of the insides, after which he build a plywood box to fit inside and then added carpet to the box. He stored both guns and ammo inside and it locks up tight with original key and with it setting in a corner of his garage it is locked and hidden in plain sight. It is protected from the elements, and insluated from the heat and cold and these old machines can be had for very little. Just one more idea to think over.
    Now THATS an idea!

i keep my ammo in a steel job box like you see on construction sites..if ever my house catches fire i want to make sure no firefighters get hurt..it is bolted to my basement floor

8. It's fun to hear all the ideas and what you all have personally done, I guess my computer was more of a deterrent that a "safe". For everyone that says a thief will go for it first 1: you're probably right, but it's cabled to the wire shelf and will be hard to get loose without some serious effort! 2: I'm just using it for storage in a "look i keep the ammo away from kids" sort of manor and don't put anything else of value in there... the good stuff is in an actual safe(s)..

First off, I have a LOT of ammo.

Second, I store it in multiple locations, which are not at the same residence.

Third, I have good insurance.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

to all,

as i have an apartment in an area that has HAD "several residential break-ins", i have my ammo (mostly M2 ball) stored in the bottom of a closet in a padlocked 40MM steel ammo can, which is chained to a 3" plumbing pipe with heavy chain & another lock.

if they want it bad enough to get it, they are welcome to it. - at least i'm "covered" from a civil liability standpoint.

yours, TN46

wolfhunter Guest
    Ammo is in a locking metal cabinet which is bolted to studs in wall.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast