Florida Teen Accidentally Shoots Friend While Twirling Gun

Thread: Florida Teen Accidentally Shoots Friend While Twirling Gun

Charles Bronson in one of the Death Wish movies is asked buy one of the punks if guns made him nervous. I like his reply. "Guns have their uses. Idiots with guns make me nervous".

Florida Teen Accidentally Shoots Friend While Twirling Gun - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Saturday, March 06, 2010

* Print
    * ShareThis

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. A St. Petersburg teen was reportedly twirling a handgun on his finger when he accidentally shot his friend.

Police say the shooter and the victim, both 17, were hanging out at a St. Petersburg home Thursday afternoon when the shooting occurred.

The shooter was arrested on an unrelated charge of violating terms of his probation in connection with a drug-possession charge. He told police he found the .40-caliber handgun.

Police say the victim was in serious but not life-threatening condition.

Officers are continuing to investigate and additional charges related to the shooting are possible.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

JSDinTexas Guest

Accidently?

I am always concerned when the word "accidently" is used.

Maybe it's splitting hairs, but I would choose the word "negligently," the definition being "guilty of a lack of due care or concern."

This little idiot was negligent in the handling of a firearm to: 1) not ensure the weapon was unloaded, and 2) by playing cowboy with it, among other things.

In my opinion, the event was an accident, but the actor was negligent.

Silly teenager, twirling is for single-action revolvers (preferably unloaded) or toys.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Well, luckily nobody was killed and the gun was taken away. And rightly so!! That youngin has been watchin too many cowboy movies!! Kids, alchohol, quick tempers, idiots and stupid don't equal guns.

How come I've never "Found" a hand gun? I mean, where the hell to you go look for someones lost hand gun laying around.

TWO ROUD BURSTS/ EVALUATE / REPEAT VOLLY IF NECESSARY

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    How come I've never "Found" a hand gun? I mean, where the hell to you go look for someones lost hand gun laying around.

TWO ROUD BURSTS/ EVALUATE / REPEAT VOLLY IF NECESSARY
    Agreed!+ How do you go about "finding" a free .40 cal handgun?? Inquiring minds want to know... That would save a lot of us money

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Silly teenager, twirling is for single-action revolvers (preferably unloaded) or toys.
    Yeah, Buddy