Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man Dead In Shootout With Off-Duty Cop At Walmart

Man Dead In Shootout With Off-Duty Cop At Walmart

It can be dangerous at these Walmarts.

Man Dead In Shootout With Off-Duty Cop At Walmart - cbs11tv.com

Man Dead In Shootout With Off-Duty Cop At Walmart
    COMMERCE (AP/CBS 11 News) ―

(3/4/2010)

Police in the Northeast Texas town of Commerce say a suspected gunman has been killed and an off-duty officer injured in a shootout outside the local Walmart store.

Commerce Police spokeswoman Marty Cunningham says the incident Sunday began when police received a call of shots being fired from a red Ford Mustang at an intersection near I-30 in the nearby town of Greenville.

The suspect then drove onto the highway, driving north to Commerece.

Commerce police say the suspect exchanged gunfire with Commerce police just outside the city limits before driving to the Walmart.

Cunningham says the suspect entered the store carrying "a long gun and a pistol." She says an off-duty officer from another agency followed the suspect out of the store, where the suspect was killed.

The officer was taken by air ambulance to East Texas Medical Center in Tyler with unknown injuries

Two people inside the store were also taken to a nearby hospital, but only for complaints of chest pains following the shooting.

Commerce is 65 miles Northeast of Dallas off I-30.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Prayers going up for the injured officer... He is hero for stopping the gunman. Thankfully nobody else was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Prayers going up for the injured officer... He is hero for stopping the gunman. Thankfully nobody else was killed.
    Yes, Sir. Agreed
    Semper Fi

Amen for the prayer.

And my wife can't figure out why every time she mentions we have to stop at Wal-mart I check my chamber indicator and verify the Crimson Trace Laser Grip is on

Scary place that Wal-Mart, but they do have cheap ammo...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Anyone really doubt it's a good idea to carry .... @ Walmart ?

Sounds like this off-duty officer walked right into an already escalating situation. Hope his injuries aren't too bad, but air-lifting him doesn't sound good... hope that he comes out of it OK.

7. I hope he makes a full recovery. I wish him the best. I assume the BG was there to acquire more ammo.
    Jason
    Michigan

8. This is another reason why we should carry a weapon. We have hero's all around us, like that officer, and we could help him. I heard that an armed society is a polite society. I will offer prayers for that LEO and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by rsdonb View Post
    This is another reason why we should carry a weapon. We have hero's all around us, like that officer, and we could help him. I heard that an armed society is a polite society. I will offer prayers for that LEO and his family.
    I was disappointed to hear that no armed citizens took action. Does that mean there were none, or that none chose to take action?

This is the scenario that I think justifies carrying more than any other. We like to believe the citizenry is well-armed, but where are these armed citizens?

Our prayers and thougths are with the injured LEO and his loved ones.

11. Must've been going to WalMart for some more of that cheap ammo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast