What are the benefits of being a member of the NRA - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the benefits of being a member of the NRA

It covers accidents during the use of firearms, hunting included. Not just hunting.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Thanks!

4. The most prominant benefit of being a member of the NRA is what they do for us in washington. These people keep a watchful eye on every piece of legislation that is entered and fight anti-gunright bills to the death.

As far as tangible benefits, they offer free insurance for your firearms, the magazine, reduced rate credit cards and, much like AAA, they have price agreements with many many companies throughout the US for its members.

Im a life member and still donate to the legislative cause.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

It's got the most clout but also check out the Second Amendment Foundation, Gun Owners of America and others.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

An associate of mine joined the NRA, and signed up with a purposefully misspelled version of his name. He claims that within a few weeks, he began receiving all sorts of unsolicited "junk mail" to that misspelled name, meaning the NRA had shared his information. Be it sharing with partner organizations or selling to 3rd parties, this is something that really irritates him, and honestly it would irritate me as well.

This particular person has been known to exaggerate at times, and I'm not sure I should take him on his word. He does like to embellish and blow things out of proportion. I was wondering, have any of you experienced anything similar after joining? I do intend to join soon (money is quite tight at the moment), but I don't really want to receive a bunch of mail or annoying phone calls.
    South Carolina CWP holder and proud member of GrassRoots GunRights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12