What are the benefits of being a member of the NRA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the benefits of being a member of the NRA

What are the benefits of being a member of the NRA

Just curious.

Other than having a Lobbying voice in Washington here are a few benefits. Benefits of Membership
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Well said Red. Join and support...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

There is strength in numbers. United we stand, divided we fall.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

There is much to criticize about the NRA, no doubt about that; but, you don't even want to think about where our gun rights would be today had the NRA not been there over the years. With all it faults, the NRA deserves our support.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

I agree with all of the above. I guess my only rub, and I understand that if the NRA does not continually solicit funds they will not get funds, is their overbearing amount mailings and phone calls for such funds. Maybe I am in the minority, but I contribute to things when I want to and not when I am pestered. I am a member of the NRA and, quite frankly, with limited funds, I find that personal matters involving things like cancer and ALS and our local hospital are higher on the need meter than my firearm. They get my dues and I will let others with more discrertionary funds worry about the rest of their funding.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I agree with all of the above. I guess my only rub, and I understand that if the NRA does not continually solicit funds they will not get funds, is their overbearing amount mailings and phone calls for such funds. Maybe I am in the minority, but I contribute to things when I want to and not when I am pestered. I am a member of the NRA and, quite frankly, with limited funds, I find that personal matters involving things like cancer and ALS and our local hospital are higher on the need meter than my firearm. They get my dues and I will let others with more discrertionary funds worry about the rest of their funding.
    Kelcarry, I called the NRA and asked them to cease the calls, and letters. Now, the only time I hear from them is when the magizine arrives, and my membership is about to expire.

Thanks Ice. Will do same and glad to hear there are others out there who have similar feelings. I do understand that running around Congress with all those loose lug nuts paying all your attorneys for only doing what makes sense is expensive but firearms are not at the top of my priority and with limited funds---what can I say?

10. Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    There is much to criticize about the NRA, no doubt about that; but, you don't even want to think about where our gun rights would be today had the NRA not been there over the years. With all it faults, the NRA deserves our support.
    I agree with this statement. Any time you have a politically challanged program there will always be good and bad mixed. Sometimes you have to include something you don't want or agree with to pass a bill with something you want. Anyone interested in owning guns or that supports the foundation of our/your rights should become a member.

Jason
    Jason
    Michigan

I looked at the site, and was wondering something... Is the coverage listed only for hunting? It says "...and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting." Does that mean only during hunting, or does it mean a firearm accident including hunting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast