Woman Robbed Inside Walmart
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woman Robbed Inside Walmart

Woman Robbed Inside Walmart

When will people come to understand the only person that is truely responsible and 100% commited to keeping you safe is...... YOU. Stay safe out there guys.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/22...il.html?hpt=T2

HOUSTON -- A Houston woman was robbed at knifepoint inside a north Harris County Walmart, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Glenda Jones said she was attacked at the Walmart on Interstate 45 and West Road on Jan. 23.

She said she was at the store just before 6 a.m. to buy groceries so she could make her kids' breakfast. Jones said she almost didn't make it back home.

"I'm inside the store and all of the sudden I'm being robbed," Jones said. "I can't describe what I'm feeling. I'm shocked. I'm seeing my life flash before me. I'm seeing my children."

Jones said the man grabbed her, put her in a chokehold, pulled a knife and demanded her cash as she came from the window treatment section.

"(He said,) 'If you don't give it all to me, I will kill you,'" Jones said. "By then, I started feeling a sharp object coming in my back."

Jones said the man threatened to kill her if she moved and kill her family if she reported the robbery.

She said she was not about to just roll over. She said she followed the man through the aisles and yelled for help.

"I got right behind him and I was going after him," Jones said. "I was not going to let him get away and nothing happen."

However, she said that's exactly what happened. Jones said the robber just strolled out of the store past employees inside and security outside.

She said the manager told her that the security guards cannot get involved with robberies.

"He said even if the security guards had been inside the store, there's nothing that they can do," Jones said. "They are there to protect the store."

Community activist Quanell X is standing behind Jones.

"There is not a product or a piece of merchandise that Walmart can sell in their stores that has more value than a human life," said Quanell X.

Walmart explained its policy and defended its reaction.

"When the customer made us aware, we immediately contacted police, who are the best equipped to respond to this type of situation," spokeswoman Anna Taylor wrote in a statement. "We contacted the customer and her family to express our concern, and we worked with police in their investigation. When responding to a situation like this, we always take into consideration the safety and security of our customers as well as our associates."

Jones said the policy needs to change.

"There's no way that should happen," Jones said.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office is investigating. They said they have requested a copy of the store's surveillance video.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Yes another good example of the need to be armed and to make sure you are in condition yellow at all times and not condition white. It is a jungle out there.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

What the heck is it with Walmart, anyway? Is it just the caliber of shoppers it attracts? Geez, I shop there...hmmm....maybe it IS the caliber of shoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    What the heck is it with Walmart, anyway? Is it just the caliber of shoppers it attracts? Geez, I shop there...hmmm....maybe it IS the caliber of shoppers.
    The one closes to me has had numerious robbries and attacks in the parking lot. A lot of gangs and other trash hang out. Don't go to that one often but when I do it is for sure a two guns store.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Even more troubling is the risk to children caused by the Walmart policy.

What if she had an infant with her and instead of grabbing her money the person grabbed her infant and started leaving the store. Would Walmart employees and security guards just stand by while she yelled "he's taking my baby"?

Good reason to always shop armed in Walmart. If you don't have a firearm then first thing to do is go to sporting goods and get a bat to carry with you while walking shopping. when checking out leave the bat on the counter and say "Oh, I don't want to buy that. I just needed it for protection while shopping here, given that your security only protects the store and not the customers.'

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Good reason to always shop armed in Walmart. If you don't have a firearm then first thing to do is go to sporting goods and get a bat to carry with you while walking shopping. when checking out leave the bat on the counter and say "Oh, I don't want to buy that. I just needed it for protection while shopping here, given that your security only protects the store and not the customers.'
    Great Idea on the baseball bat!

Walmart is just reacting like any big corporation. The lawyers and insurance companies have everyone bambozled. The "security guards" are for appearance only and are there to cut down on shop-lifting. They have quasi-police uniforms and no gun.
    Nothing's ever gonna change - the vast majority of people rely on the authorities to keep them safe. Even in shall-issue states look at how few people actually get a permit.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I ALWAYS carry when I go to Wal-Mart. lately it's become the ideal hunting ground for low life scum bags looking for little old ladies, old men, women who look like easy marks, and people just not paying attention.

They prey on the ladies like it's easy picking. Some time they are gonna find the one who is packing heat then it's game on...

Your right KimberPB, no one but you is responsible for you.

And yes JJ, it is the caliber of shoppers... Ok... wait, yea me too. What can I say, they have cheap ammo...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I wonder if thier policy would change if the store manager got mugged in the store? I carry everywhere I go. Especially our Walmart. It's on the edge of a somewhat rural area. Right next to an inter state highway, easy get a way. Are the other little stores in side Walmart on thier own then? The Sub-way, McD's, salon? What about the bank branches? Are they easy pickings then?

I sure hope a Walmart security person doesn't approach me suddenly and start questioning me or some thing. Since they are plain clothes, I would consider that person a threat and drop them.

"(He said,) 'If you don't give it all to me, I will kill you,'" Jones said. "By then, I started feeling a sharp object coming in my back."

Jones said the man threatened to kill her if she moved and kill her family if she reported the robbery.

She said she was not about to just roll over. She said she followed the man through the aisles and yelled for help.

"I got right behind him and I was going after him," Jones said. "I was not going to let him get away and nothing happen."

However, she said that's exactly what happened. Jones said the robber just strolled out of the store past employees inside and security outside.

She said the manager told her that the security guards cannot get involved with robberies.

"He said even if the security guards had been inside the store, there's nothing that they can do," Jones said. "They are there to protect the store."

Here is my take on this:

Now, if Mrs Jones was packing her Kimber .45 ACP, there is not much she could of done. She claims the robber got the drop on her, and was sticking a knife in her back.

After the bad guy got the money, Mrs. Jones, even if armed with her brand new Springfield EMP, there is nothing she can do. Bad guy is leaving. He is not a threat anymore.

Question for the forum, can Mrs. Jones fire on the robber if he is leaving? After all it is Texas.

The manager or the security guy are not going to do nothing. They are lucky if they posses OC.

What did I learn from this? Watch my ass in wall mart. Thats what.

BTW, check out the website "people of walmart.com, the pictures are really good.

Quanell X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No comment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast