Need help making a decision guys
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help making a decision guys

Question Need help making a decision guys

Hereís the dilemma, Buy an EOTECH sight for the AR or a Kel-Tec sub2000 carbine in .40.
    I already have a red dot sight for the AR but would really like an eotech. The sub2000 uses glock magazines which would fit in with my other glock 40ís. Have plenty of mags to use.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

It's hard to help someone make a decision like this. Since these are the two items that you are looking at it must mean you would like to have both. If one of them is in the good deal category I'd look at that first and plan on buying the other at a later date...or get the other one! See I'm no help.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

If you already have a sight that works I would say buy something that goes bang.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    If you already have a sight that works I would say buy something that goes bang.
    I like your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Good Point!
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

do you want to upgrade your current sight or want a new gun?????? id love to have a eotech, but i would also like more guns.... i think its up to you pn what u want more... or if u can get both.

The plan was to upgrade the sight on the AR and put the current sight on my Rem-870. The ARís look so sexy with the eotechís attached and I have a friend that has one on his AR and is quite pleased with it. My local dealer had just received the sub2000. Was drooling over it today when I went to get some primers. Would like to get both but only have the funds to get one of them. I had told myself beforehand that the eotech was first on the list and then dealer showed me the sub2000. It was a very frustrating drive home.
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

The eotechs will remain on the shelf, and the price may go down. The sub2000 will be gone, and the next one might cost more. Or, maybe you should buy your wife some jewelry?

my .02, buy the Keltec unless you plan to use the eotech for close quarters shooting. I bought one for my AR and it's awesome. Great, clear sight picture, crisp reticle and just a fine peice of equipment. But, if you plan to so any shooting over 50yds unless you spend another $400 for a magnifier, it will be a struggle. I know I don't have the youngest eyes anymore but I had a hard seeing targets much beyond 50 yds without any magnification. The Eotech is now in the safe and I have a $100 Bushnell 6-24x40 scope on my AR for shooting paper.

So, unless your using it for competition or you work in law inforcement, I'd say leave the Eotech on the shelf.

get the sub 2000..... i bought one on a whim and had buyers remorse untill i took it to the range.. its a great and suprisingly accurate gun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast