What's the worst POS firearm you have ever owned? (revisted) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's the worst POS firearm you have ever owned? (revisted)

handgonnetoter Guest
    I can remember two. First was an AMT "Hardballer" in .45 ACP. Real piece of junk. The second was a Marlin Model 7000 rifle in .22LR. I was really surprised with the Marlin because I have a few of them and they work just fine. The pistol? Everything was the matter - too much to go into. The rifle? No matter what kind of ammo I tried to feed it, it would jam up! Some high dollar heavy barreled tack driver that was. I traded both of them off on a nice Ruger 10/22 and never looked back.

3. ANY hi-point!

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    I hate doing this and being new to the board. But the question was
    What's the worst POS firearm you have ever owned? I HATE WHEN PEOPLE BASH SOMETHING WHEN THEY DON'T OWN WHAT THEY ARE BASHING. I own two Hi Points and would not trade them. Oh and I am a dead shot with both at 25 yards JHP 45 and the C-9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_I_Am View Post
    ANY hi-point!

(FWIW: I've owned about a half-dozen Hi-Points and they were all fine. Handguns and carbines did what they were supposed to at a decent price; the handguns are large, heavy and. in my opinoin, clumsy. But they work so I consider them a good value and recommend them to people on a budget. They are certianly a step up from the 'ring of fire' pistols.)
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

5. Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post

(FWIW: I've owned about a half-dozen Hi-Points and they were all fine. Handguns and carbines did what they were supposed to at a decent price; the handguns are large, heavy and. in my opinoin, clumsy. But they work so I consider them a good value and recommend them to people on a budget. They are certianly a step up from the 'ring of fire' pistols.)
    Excellent point. I just smile and keep on shooting.

I've got an AMT that I've put 25,000 plus rounds through in 11 years and a Hi-Point C9 with 9 or 10000 rounds through it in the last ten years. Neither gun has ever given me a spot of trouble. Both are accurate.

My Colt Combat Commander failed the second time out. Then Colt wanted me to send it to them, the whole gun, to replace the broken slide stop. What? It now has a Wilson Combat Bullet Proof Slide Stop along with most of the other parts as well, some Ed Brown in their too. Installed by the owner, me. Works great and an accurate gun too.

My C9 didn't break anything, nor did my AMT. My AMT is my everyday open carry gun and the C9 plays back up. The Colt is now reliable but because it is satin nickel, I like to keep it looking nice and take it to the range once in a while. I do all the work on my guns and know them inside and out, forwards and backwards. They get a complete tear down three or four times a year or more and a monthly field strip, clean and lube.

I think a lot of the problem with some of the guns mentioned is their ignorant owners and the owners inability to do their own work. Or even properly clean the gun for that matter. Sure, blame it on the gun.

I will not deny that some guns deserve their bad rep. Jennings/ Bryco/Jimenez, Lorcin, Raven Arms, etc. Colt is considered poison to some and there are those you could not give a Kimber.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_I_Am View Post
    ANY hi-point!
    Have you ever owned a Hi Point?

AMT Back up's and Auto Mag that I aquired in trades, Grendel 22 Magnum P30 POS that never worked, and 2 different Marlin Model 60 22, manually operated semi-auto Jamamatics.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

handgonnetoter Guest
    The AMT "Hardballer" I had had some serious issues. My older brother bought the exact same pistol the day I bought mine and he still has his twenty years later and it still works fine. I could not figure that one out. I have read some really good things about the Hi-Point pistols. One article I read was in a respected magazine, and the guy testing it was none other than John Taffin. It was the .45 and he said that it was as ugly as a cordless drill, but worked perfectly and was accurate to boot. I still would like to buy one just to keep in a drawer and not worry so much about dust getting on it.

Accu-Tek

I've also owned 2 Hi-Points. Had a .380 pistol and the 9mm carbine. The .380 had a couple feeding probs but I tweeked the magazines a little and didn't have any probs after that. I was surprised at the accuracy out of such a clunky, ugly, top-heavy, cheap-o gun. It was accurate and kept going "bang". The 9mm carbine was fun to shoot and I never encountered any issues with that one. Plenty accurate, too.

But the biggest POS I've ever owned... I mean holy crap amazing POS, was an Accu-Tek 380 that I'd bought for a pocket/back-up pistol. Complete with stovepipes, feed failures, ejected magazines... never carried it once and got rid of it at the 1st opportunity.
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

Quote Originally Posted by sliverflinger View Post
    WORST EVER A Llama Mini 45 . Where do I begin, it had a 20# trigger and would not feed even hard ball.
    It took me a long time for me to find someone I hated enough to palm this off on.
    Ditto. I let mine go for free. It was such a horrible piece of garbage that I figured if I ever had any trouble while carrying it I would just hand it over to the perp and run.

11. just became and I am looking forward to good info. from all members

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast