"Why don't you just leave THAT in the car!" - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Why don't you just leave THAT in the car!"

My wife has her own 357 and loves to shoot. When I first got my permit she asked me if I was being anal about carrying all the time. It wasn't until something happened at the Walmart that we always shop at that she finally stopped asking why I was carrying and started asking IF I was carrying.

3. Hi, I'm new here, but thought I'd add to it. I've had my CHP for about 6 months now, since I relocated from GA to VA. I just had my first wedding Anniversary with my wife. When we met, I did not carry OC or CC. I recently started carrying CC and have been purchasing a few new handguns. A few weeks ago, I took the wife with me shooting. She does not have the hand strength to operate the slide on about any semi-auto, but she loves to shoot my Ruger GP100 with 38 spl loads in it.
    She shoots it SA.

A couple months ago I bought her a pretty pink container of pepper spray (breast cancer awareness packaging you know).

Well I decide since she really enjoyed shooting with me, maybe I'll take her to a NRA pistol safety class so she can (if she wants) get her permit. Plus it would help her feel more comfortable with the guns. Took her this past Saturday to the class. She did real well on the 7 yard target test. She put 6 out of 6 in center mass and 6 out of 6 in the head of the target. I was impressed.

Well,..today she went about noon to the grocery store. She gets out of her car and goes in the store. Comes back out and there is a note on her windshield from some nut saying how good she looks and that he is a (vein) pretty cute guy and he would like her to call him and that if she is married he doesn't want to cause any trouble.

He will never get a call, to say the least, but she was spooked by it and watched her 6 while she went to the drug store and then came home. Carried her pepper spray in her hand when she got out of the car.

I thought about calling him myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Hi, I'm new here, but thought I'd add to it. I've had my CHP for about 6 months now, since I relocated from GA to VA. I just had my first wedding Anniversary with my wife. When we met, I did not carry OC or CC. I recently started carrying CC and have been purchasing a few new handguns. A few weeks ago, I took the wife with me shooting. She does not have the hand strength to operate the slide on about any semi-auto, but she loves to shoot my Ruger GP100 with 38 spl loads in it.
    She shoots it SA.

A couple months ago I bought her a pretty pink container of pepper spray (breast cancer awareness packaging you know).

Well I decide since she really enjoyed shooting with me, maybe I'll take her to a NRA pistol safety class so she can (if she wants) get her permit. Plus it would help her feel more comfortable with the guns. Took her this past Saturday to the class. She did real well on the 7 yard target test. She put 6 out of 6 in center mass and 6 out of 6 in the head of the target. I was impressed.

Well,..today she went about noon to the grocery store. She gets out of her car and goes in the store. Comes back out and there is a note on her windshield from some nut saying how good she looks and that he is a (vein) pretty cute guy and he would like her to call him and that if she is married he doesn't want to cause any trouble.

He will never get a call, to say the least, but she was spooked by it and watched her 6 while she went to the drug store and then came home. Carried her pepper spray in her hand when she got out of the car.

I thought about calling him myself.

Well, I think that was probably the eye opener she needed to show her that she needs to be able to protect herself when you are not there. It sounds like you have done things the right way, not pushing her, but introducing her to handguns, and I would bet she will be applying for her concealed carry permit very soon.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fondis Firearms View Post
    Well, I think that was probably the eye opener she needed to show her that she needs to be able to protect herself when you are not there. It sounds like you have done things the right way, not pushing her, but introducing her to handguns, and I would bet she will be applying for her concealed carry permit very soon.
    She dropped it off at the Courthouse this morning. :) They told her 2 or 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerfan.64 View Post
    Someone told me once that training a wife was like training a cat. It aint happening!
    YEA... AMEN!!!!

By the way, don't mention this post to my wife...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by ToyRunner1 View Post
    My wife has her own 357 and loves to shoot. When I first got my permit she asked me if I was being anal about carrying all the time. It wasn't until something happened at the Walmart that we always shop at that she finally stopped asking why I was carrying and started asking IF I was carrying.
    Wal-Marts are becoming a CARRY REQUIRED place lately... Perhaps body armor is in order for shopping there...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Wal-Marts are becoming a CARRY REQUIRED place lately... Perhaps body armor is in order for shopping there...

Peace...
    And at least two guns.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by rugerfan.64 View Post
    Someone told me once that training a wife was like training a cat. It aint happening!
    It was easier to train my wife. My cats still ain't trained. They still wake me up at least a half-hour before I want to get up.

When I bought my first gun, a shotgun (after someone tried to break into our house while we were home), the wife was against it. She said "That's like admitting the world's a horrible place!"

My wife now owns seven guns and won't leave home without one.
    I'm not saying how many guns I own....

MWD
    Right Arm of Wyoming - RKBA rock and roll.
    http://www.rightarmofwyoming.com

I try to buy my wife jewlery every time i purchase a firearm. That way, everyone is happy.
    This is the way to train the cat.

I agree with the comments about walmart. What a ***** hole. Especially in urban areas. Are people acting more stupid, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I agree with the comments about walmart. What a ***** hole. Especially in urban areas. Are people acting more stupid, or is it just me?
    We like to open carry at the WalMart. People there need training more than our cats.

Debra Jean at WalMart. "Don't mess with an armed woman buying tampons!":

Right Arm of Wyoming - RKBA rock and roll.
    http://www.rightarmofwyoming.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast